New amp(s) day! BXR300c x 3!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by The Davil, Aug 16, 2013.

1. The Davil

The Davil

So I've been contemplating the move from bedroom player to band member recently and have a band that's shown interest. Unfortunately, all I've had for an amp is a 30W Fender practice amp. Not going to cut it. So I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist. I didn't want to spend a ton of money in case it doesn't work out, but wanted to get something that will let me be heard. So I find a guy who is selling four Fender BXR300c amps for cheap. Real cheap. Real real cheap. I offer him an even cheaper price if I take three of them off his hands instead of one. I figured he'd try to haggle and I'd just say "nah, nevermind then, I'll just take the one", but he immediately said "sure!"

So now I have three of these tanks. Probably not the best tone in the world, but they seem to be bulletproof and loud. I have no idea what to do with them all - I don't really need two, let alone three. I could probably sell one and recoup most of what the three cost me all together, though.

Anyway, I'm happy and just wanted to tell somebody who gets it. My wife definitely does. not. get. it. "You said you were only getting one amp. ONE!" Three's better than one, right?

Cheers!

2. kcole4001

kcole4001

Yup!
    Especially if you sell one and pretty much cover what you spent.
    That means you now have two (almost) free amps!
    How can that be bad?

3. shoesandbasses

shoesandbasses Supporting Member

I hear ya man. Cheers to having more amps than you need! I have 2 amps, one for band practice and one for home. I also now have 2 pedal boards, 3 basses, and 3 cabs.

And my girlfriend is gonna kill me if I buy any more BUT i'm about to pick up the Soundblox BEF. So... Dead man walking?

4. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

I've been looking for one of those....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. greengoblin

greengoblin

I owned one of these for a while.. They are built like tanks and heavy for a combo....

I really liked the tone of mine and still would have it if it was not so heavy! :)

Nice find!:bassist:

Women never get it! You got a much better deal and a potential profit! :). I had a coffee table made out of an Ampeg G60 for a while. Had one girlfriend who liked it, the ones after didn't see the coolness. Should've kept her.... Lol

7. The Davil

The Davil

Yeah, the sides of the cab are an inch and a half thick. No idea what kind of wood it is, but they have to weigh close to a hundred pounds each. Once of them has casters on it though, and the other two have the mounts for them - just have to find the actual wheels.

The guy I got them from used them in their fairly well known (locally) metal band as keyboard amps. He had some cool stories about playing the Warped Tour. He was moving to Nebraska in three days for, of all things, law school. So he needed to dump them quick and was glad they were "going to a good home".

Sometimes if you wait long enough, stuff just happens right...

8. greengoblin

greengoblin

I think the manual claims something around 79lbs.. They are a cool rig!