1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Ampeg Combos

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by RSNG, Mar 20, 2014.

1. RSNG

RSNG

I just noticed these on MF website. I haven't seen anything here on the forum yet. Does anyone have info?

I just got a new Peavey TNT which is probably going back due to a rattle.

2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I got an email from Ampeg about these last week. They are lighter than previous Ampeg combos. The heaviest is the BA 210 at only 48 pounds. It's also 450 watts.

3. james48

james48

Hi guys, Got a BA210 SP Made by SLM the amp sounds good but when you crank it cabinet buzz around C Any comments on these amps ? James

4. RSNG

RSNG

I ordered a restock Peavey TNT. I'm getting a buzz on certain notes. I took it outside to confirm that its not just something in the room. I'll bet that's why it was returned.

The BA210 is the one I'm interested in. But, I can't stand buzzes and rattles in a brand new piece of gear.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Pull a speaker and check inside to see if there is any loose foam padding. If there is, either staple or tape it down to where it doesn't flap. If it still makes that rattle, go to a crafts store and get some 1" thick Nu-Foam and cover all the exposed wood inside with it, except on the speaker baffle. That's what fixed my BA110 when it had a similar rattle on one note.

7. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member