1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Ampeg models???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SIFJiggy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy Supporting Member

Soooo - NAMM was basically a bust for Ampeg I guess??

I'm looking for the rumored foreign B15 and definitely interested in the V4 re-issue.

Anyone got the inside track?

That means you, JimmyM...
  2. SIFJiggy

Yeah I suppose I coulda paid attention and posted in amps...
  3. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

I'd also like to know if they had anything new there!
  4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    PF800 was it I guess. I didnt hear much in the way of new amps or cabs from anyone this year though.
  5. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

There's no overseas B15. Just the new Heritage B15N. It's slightly cheaper at $3000 compared to the older Heritage B15 at $5000.
  6. SIFJiggy

Bumping in hope of St. JimmyM showing up and giving us some deets. I'm soooo curious about the V4. Nice one in the classified section right now. GAAAAASSSSS
  7. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Moved to Amps
  8. 2meterbassman

2meterbassman

A V4 reissue???????????????????

Where, who, when, how much, how often, I want it, give it to me, NOW!
  9. SIFJiggy

Last I heard- it's a ways off....

I'm stoked for it though.
  10. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

JimmyM has made mention of the pending V4B re-issue in other threads. I know there are a number of TB'ers anxiously awaiting the release of this amp.

C'mon Ampeg!!
  11. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

12. SIFJiggy

Well - according to Mr. Ampe... I mean JimmyM, there is an overseas made B15 coming too.
  13. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sorry...I thought this new Heritage B-15N was an overseas model, but it's not. Hodgy said it would be lower priced with a PCB and black finish, and I figured it would be an overseas model. See? I keep telling people I'm not Mr. Ampeg, and they don't believe me. Now maybe you all will ;) Still looks like a hot-ass amp, though.

As for the V4B, there is a pic of a prototype built on a table without the case on Ampeg's Facebook page. The only thing I know about it is it's not coming out for a while.
  14. SIFJiggy

BOOOOO

What good are ya then, Jimmy?

Welp, between my new B100 and the fact that I AIN'T spendin even 3Gs in the B15- I'm hoping the V4B is reasonable price. He'll, make it overseas put a 999 price tag on it if you want.

But they're definitely missing out by not having a lower wattage all tube head - Ashdown is about to drop a 15-watter.

Edit: I mean, a lower wattage amp that can be had for less than 3GRAND
  15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I hear you, but the B-15 is a legendary amp, and legendary comes with a price tag. But they aren't getting rich off of the B-15's by any means. That kind of build and parts quality ain't cheap.

If it makes you feel any better, though, you can still find bargains on used B-15's.
  16. SIFJiggy

O ya- I want them to make money. I don't blame them for keeping it expensive to keep the quality up. Lord knows there are enough people upset that because they bought Ampeg, they didn't get "legendary" quality with their overseas line.

I'd just like to see a middleground I guess and the V4B would be a great platform for that - I think I'll be disappointed. It will be Heritage and 2k+.
  17. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

I'd be surprised if they made a V4B reissue at this point. The V4BH I owned MIA St. Louis Music Ampeg was a nice head. Excellent build-quality, same pre as an SVT classic and 100 watts tube powered. Plus it had a DI. That was the first stab at a "modernized" V4B. I bought it discounted since they weren't selling at all. And then they dropped it. With all of the new micro heads out, I would be surprised if they allocated resources to build a similar amp.

Why did I sell it? It sounded great, but with anything less than my 610 cab it just didn't have quite enough for when the drummer got excited. And meaning not quite enough it was getting farty, not a nice tube overdrive. If I used my 5 string P bass the B string would eat it up. My PF500 sounds just as good and blows it away in headroom and power to weight ratio.
  18. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

2013 Ampeg catalogs from NAMM are out; I'll let you know if there is anything of interest as a friend just mailed me one
    I would think that if it's not in the catalog it would be unlikely that anything new would appear in less than 6 months.
  19. Jazzbass2010

Jazzbass2010

100 watt tube bass head would be nice . Did the original 70s v4 bh have same preamp as svt ?
  20. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I've never compared schematics but I have read that here.