New Ampeg SVT VR Day - Big Pig Edition...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TheFantod, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot. Supporting Member

....well, technically I got this beast last month, but I finally got around to taking pics of it.

I've yet to take the volume knobs past 10:30-ish. I'm afraid to get it much louder. This is an old house, after all.

Had a few practices with our drummer and put it through its paces. I'm still doing some knob fiddling to find a sweet spot, but so far I am really, really digging the grind of this thing. Just using P-basses and my Ric with it. P-basses seem to like one setting, but the Ric likes a different one.

Anyone have any tips on *safely* taking it down and putting it back up on the 8x10? Trying to avoid hernias in my near future.

Oh, the pig wasn't included. I won him at the State Fair. He's awesome too. Gonna try to keep him up there, even at shows.

[​IMG]

Oh, and of course here's the gratuitous cat shot:
    [​IMG]
  2. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Sweet! I love the Blue line look.

As far as lifting goes -- get help. Doing it by yourself is a recipe for disaster. Sooner or later you WILL drop it, and you don't want to go killing a fur bearing mammal.
  3. bigbottomend

bigbottomend

Keep your back straight and lift with your legs or get some help ;)

Awesome amp.. congrats
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty Supporting Member

It's about asking for help. An 8x10 is too high to do it safely every time without taking a little risk on your back. Just don't be proud. I am sure a million people have it done it on here a million times, but after seeing my wife go through back surgery for picking up some groceries slightly weirdly, I am not willing to take a chance like that.
  5. Register to disable this ad