1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Ampeg SVT VR Day - Big Pig Edition...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TheFantod, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot. Supporting Member

....well, technically I got this beast last month, but I finally got around to taking pics of it.

I've yet to take the volume knobs past 10:30-ish. I'm afraid to get it much louder. This is an old house, after all.

Had a few practices with our drummer and put it through its paces. I'm still doing some knob fiddling to find a sweet spot, but so far I am really, really digging the grind of this thing. Just using P-basses and my Ric with it. P-basses seem to like one setting, but the Ric likes a different one.

Anyone have any tips on *safely* taking it down and putting it back up on the 8x10? Trying to avoid hernias in my near future.

Oh, the pig wasn't included. I won him at the State Fair. He's awesome too. Gonna try to keep him up there, even at shows.

[​IMG]

Oh, and of course here's the gratuitous cat shot:
    [​IMG]
  2. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Sweet! I love the Blue line look.

As far as lifting goes -- get help. Doing it by yourself is a recipe for disaster. Sooner or later you WILL drop it, and you don't want to go killing a fur bearing mammal.
  3. bigbottomend

bigbottomend

Keep your back straight and lift with your legs or get some help ;)

Awesome amp.. congrats
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty Supporting Member

It's about asking for help. An 8x10 is too high to do it safely every time without taking a little risk on your back. Just don't be proud. I am sure a million people have it done it on here a million times, but after seeing my wife go through back surgery for picking up some groceries slightly weirdly, I am not willing to take a chance like that.