New Android Mobile App Trouble

Discussion in 'TalkBass Mobile App Support' started by drurb, Jan 9, 2014.

1. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC Supporting Member

Everything was fine up until this morning. Then, trouble began. I tried the TB app on two different Galaxy S4s running kitkat (Android v4.3). They both delay connecting to the server and show blank pages. Access is fine on my older Android phone running an older version of the app. Seems not to be the phone or my account. Thanks for any help.
  2. drurb

Problem persists. Anyone?
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator

Media:
    working fine for me on a htc one and nexus 7. Nobody else has reported any issues. Maybe try uninstall/reinstall?
  4. drurb

Tried that first. That's why I went to someone else's phone. Same problem. Works fine on my Rezound with older version of the app.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drurb

Okay, got it to work. Here's how. While posting via the web browser on my phone, the phone offered to switch to the TB app that's installed. When switching to it, it picked up at this thread. Now everything is fine. So here's what I've discovered on two different phones when installing the new app. When you install and log in, the app ends up on a blank page. Hitting the menu button causes it to try to connect to the server but then it stays lost on the blank page. If you direct the app via the web browser, it's as if it then understands where to go and it all works. I suspect that when folks update to this new version of the app, it works fine because data and direction from previous sessions are retained. Again, I tested this by installing the app on a phone that never had it before. I logged in and the app was lost.
  7. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

The app works fine on my S4, however, it keeps telling me my account does not exist when I try to visit my profile page.
  8. drurb

Worked fine at first on my S4 as well when I updated. Then the app got lost. A fresh install on a phone without previous version seems to be a problem.
  9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

New install works ok- cant find search, subscribed, favorites etc
  10. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

I now have everything working for me but quoting another post- I can live with that :)