New Arrival 12/11/2012 - Roscoe Century-3007!!!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    A local friend of ours, Bernard from Bluefield WV, ordered this killer new Roscoe Century-3007. This is the first 7 string to pass through our store, so I was pretty excited about this one!

Bernard asked for a low F# below the low B, so this bass goes REALLY deep. I get the impression from Gard that most of their 7-strings add a higher string (an F over the usual C on a 6-string), but this low F# is certainly not uncommon.

Here's the bass with more pics and specs:

Roscoe Century-3007 (Cordovan)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a quick sound clip that I recorded direct through my A-Designs REDDI tube DI and my A-Designs P1 preamp. This bass goes stupidly low!! :D

"Roscoe #6412 Demo"

2. VroomVroom

VroomVroom

I am so glad you did a sound clip of that beast, and I'm even more glad Bernard went with the low F#. Sweet!

3. JOME77

JOME77

+1

Man is that LOW! :eek:

Great looking bass too! That cordovan red really looks nice with that top!

4. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    And that wasn't the only 7-String to arrive today! Suhr sent us a 7-String guitar that was a special order for Tyler. That's a first, two 7-Strings showing up in one day!

Suhr Modern 7-String (Faded Trans Whale Blue)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will say that the Roscoe is definitely a handful, there's a lot of neck there. It's not as uncomfortable as you might think, though. I could get used to it, I think. My biggest obstacle was figuring out what notes were where. I didn't have a lot of time to record, though, so I just thought "minor pentatonic" to myself and winged some nonsense on it. Everything I played was in one position, which kinda blows my mind. You can cover 3 and half octaves in a single position on that beast!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Yowza... that's some CRAZY lows coming from that bass, and the guitar is gorgeous... that's some SERIOUS quilting. I'm still saving my scheckles... one day...