1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Ashdown Rootmaster Amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jtl1380, Jan 25, 2014.

1. jtl1380

jtl1380 Supporting Member

2. bassguppy

bassguppy

Your link doesn't work.
  3. Scotty DelMar

Scotty DelMar Supporting Member

Just worked fine for me.
  4. jtl1380

Anybody at NAMM get to jam with one of these?
  5. amir93smith

amir93smith

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
    annoying that ashdown haven't confirmed for the london bass show (after i decide to get an ashdown shirt n bag) other wise would have happily tried it out n posted a review
  6. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Hummmm. This is quite interesting. I am definitely looking for a small head in the 200-500w range and this might be it, depending on pricing up here.
  7. mr.mow

mr.mow

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Wahahahaha!!! Rootmaster!!!

Hahaha!

(Ok maybe 'root' is an Australian thing.. 'Mate, I'm gonna give that chick a good rooting')

It's a a good as the fender Japan 'bottom master' baritone 6 string!
  8. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

It sure looks like it's got some great features...I'd love to give it a shot!
  9. ITucker_034I

ITucker_034I

These look smart and the features look cool. If the pricings good I might have to get one
  10. nshuman

Any idea when these will come out in North America?
  11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Definitely an Australian thing, quite funny though. I thought it was making fun of bad bass players, since they are the master of the root.
  12. jtl1380

Sweetwater has a page dedicated to the Rootmaster series in their NAMM section & since they are being displayed at NAMM, I'd imagine pretty quickly. Everything I've found has said beginning of February.
  13. nshuman

Thanks. This amp seems really appealing, if it turns out to be as good as what I see/hear in the video. Which is saying a lot since I have found a lot of their demo videos completely unappealing in the past, even though I ended up liking their product when I finally tried it.
  14. amir93smith

amir93smith

15. DonnyDanger

DonnyDanger

16. jtl1380

Yeah, that's the video that's on the Ashdown page. Tons of different tones. I was hoping that someone who was at NAMM might pop in and say, "yeah, played through one and it was amazing" or something like that.

I've had a MAG300 & a MiBass 220. If this thing combines the tone of the MAG series with the portability of the MiBass series, I will be getting one :D
  17. ITucker_034I

ITucker_034I

Rootmaster is about 2/3 through, looks pretty good too, although i wish the guy in the video had demo'd it properly and not just tried to show off.
  18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I was at NAMM and I checked out the Rootmaster 420 and I dig it, it can go from vintage low end thump to some nice modern snap.

Seems to be a versatile amp.

Ashdown endorser.
  19. jtl1380

Thanks Jauqo! I almost looked you up and sent you a PM today since I know you tend to jump in on a lot of these Ashdown threads.

Tucker,
    Thanks for posting that video from Andertons. I saw that yesterday & didn't get a chance to post the link, then forgot. I'm with you on the flagrant wankery.
  20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    You're very welcome.