1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

New Ashdown Rootmaster Amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jtl1380, Jan 25, 2014.

1. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
  2. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

Your link doesn't work.

3. Just worked fine for me.

4. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Anybody at NAMM get to jam with one of these?

5. Sponsored by:

6. amir93smith

amir93smith

Apr 17, 2012
    London
    WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
    annoying that ashdown haven't confirmed for the london bass show (after i decide to get an ashdown shirt n bag) other wise would have happily tried it out n posted a review

7. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Disclosures:
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Hummmm. This is quite interesting. I am definitely looking for a small head in the 200-500w range and this might be it, depending on pricing up here.

8. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Wahahahaha!!! Rootmaster!!!

Hahaha!

(Ok maybe 'root' is an Australian thing.. 'Mate, I'm gonna give that chick a good rooting')

It's a a good as the fender Japan 'bottom master' baritone 6 string!

9. It sure looks like it's got some great features...I'd love to give it a shot!

agedhorse likes this.
  10. These look smart and the features look cool. If the pricings good I might have to get one

11. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Disclosures:
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Any idea when these will come out in North America?

12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Definitely an Australian thing, quite funny though. I thought it was making fun of bad bass players, since they are the master of the root.

13. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sweetwater has a page dedicated to the Rootmaster series in their NAMM section & since they are being displayed at NAMM, I'd imagine pretty quickly. Everything I've found has said beginning of February.

14. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Disclosures:
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Thanks. This amp seems really appealing, if it turns out to be as good as what I see/hear in the video. Which is saying a lot since I have found a lot of their demo videos completely unappealing in the past, even though I ended up liking their product when I finally tried it.

15. amir93smith

amir93smith

Apr 17, 2012
    London
  16. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, that's the video that's on the Ashdown page. Tons of different tones. I was hoping that someone who was at NAMM might pop in and say, "yeah, played through one and it was amazing" or something like that.

I've had a MAG300 & a MiBass 220. If this thing combines the tone of the MAG series with the portability of the MiBass series, I will be getting one :D

17. Rootmaster is about 2/3 through, looks pretty good too, although i wish the guy in the video had demo'd it properly and not just tried to show off.

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I was at NAMM and I checked out the Rootmaster 420 and I dig it, it can go from vintage low end thump to some nice modern snap.

Seems to be a versatile amp.

Ashdown endorser.

murphy likes this.
  19. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Jauqo! I almost looked you up and sent you a PM today since I know you tend to jump in on a lot of these Ashdown threads.

Tucker,
    Thanks for posting that video from Andertons. I saw that yesterday & didn't get a chance to post the link, then forgot. I'm with you on the flagrant wankery.

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    You're very welcome.