1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Amp Day (Behringer content)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fourstringgirl, Aug 2, 2011.

1. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

Bought a new BXL3000 as an interim amp while I gather funds to buy my dream TC Electronic rig. Didn't want to spend too much money on a temporary wattage fix. My old Crate BX50 was crying out for some relief from trying to compete at band practice!

It got here via UPS yesterday and I spent the better part of the afternoon just watching it and waiting for various knobs and components to start falling off of it. And the guaranteed explosion within the electronics compartment didn't happen yet either :(

But today is another day! And it could happen as I'm typing this, right?

The unit is at a disadvantage straight out of the box, literally, as UPS was none too kind to it during transport. Two large dents in the grille! :mad: UPS must not appreciate Behringer products either.

I'll update as soon as we get some kind of a sign of imminent failure...:bag::D
  2. crobasster

crobasster

What,you bought it just for reason to see it fail and write about it here?:confused::D

Knowing the "Murphy's law",it will work well and you stuck with it.:D
  3. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

Some sarcasm sprinkled around my OP! ;) I played it for a short time yesterday and rather enjoyed the tones I got out of it. My first kickback amp and I dig that. My band covers "Big Bottom" by Spinal Tap and the Ultrabass feature is tailor made for that, lol! And the footswitch is a nice addition as well.

And you're probably right - it will undoubtedly last until this big blue ball gets sucked into our raging sun! In which case, I think I will end up with a pretty bitchin' practice amp. Because the TC rig will be mine. Oh yes, it WILL be mine...
  4. username1

username1 Supporting Member

I Have a little behringer bx300 that i have used as a home practice amp for years and has never given me a single problem. Wish i could say the same for some of my pro equipment.
  5. Cb4rabid

Cb4rabid

I used to have that amp. It wasn't bad at all, I didn't understand all the hate Behringer was getting. It's pretty loud, I DID in fact get a good tone out of it, and it served me well.

The only reason I wont buy Behringer again is because of the horror stories i've heard. I'd rather be on the safe side.
  6. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Supporting Member

I've had a BXL3000 for about 9 months now. I use it as a practice amp and it has been fine and has a decent enough tone. It did take a while to find the right combination of eq and such to get a decent tone though...

--jack
  7. diehard70

diehard70

Good on ya, fourstringgirl. I'm GASsing for a TC RH450 w/ 2 x 12 for my rig. In the mean time, my BXL3000 has seen DAILY use for a year now (gigged 2-3 days a week, rehearsal and home practices) w/o fail. I can get decent sounds from it and also have a V-amp Pro run through from time to time. I may be the exception (from what I hear on TB), but it has served ME well. YMMV:)
  8. rodl2005

rodl2005

+1. Good on ya.
    As I've posted many times, a local hire co. here in my town has the Behr. 300w amp head (the gold faced one) , for use/hire etc... They've had it for, must be close to, 7 or 8 yrs & I've used it on a few occasions.
    It's STILL working fine, & you can imagine the abuse it must see as a hire amp!!!
    It sounds pretty darn good too.
  9. DBH_Bass

DBH_Bass

Behringer is some good stuff. Was my first stack.
  10. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

A lot of my tone shaping comes from the Digitech BP200 that I run ALL the time. I never plug in without it. I use preset #3 continuously. Even when I was running through 700 watts and 16 speakers worth of Peavey gear, that multi-fx was always on....
  11. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

That's insane!!
  12. poorbassist15

poorbassist15

I'm one of those who has had a terrible experience with Behringer, but, I guess it may be just a couple lemons in a batch of good ones. If you like the amp, then good for you. Enjoy it.
  13. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Return it for a undamaged one? why keep a beat up one?
  14. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

The need for more wattage outweighs any cosmetic defects at this point. American Musical Supply is giving me a break on the "new" price because of the damage. Thought that was fair. It is only an interim amp until I can get the TC rig.

UPS, on the other hand, sucks balls! I ordered 3 new sets of GHS strings and a new strap on the same order. They were shipped separate from the amp and arrived a day later. Small 8 X 8 box or so. Box looked like WWIII....
  15. retroheadau

retroheadau

I've been using a Behringer BXL1200 for a good 10 years on and off. Never had a problem with it. I am looking at upgrading, and am considering the BXL3000A or a Laney RB8. I may end up going with the Laney, but only because of the ability to expand to a full stack. Whatever happens, I'll keep the BXL1200.
  16. jarrydee

jarrydee

Not sure if this will help BUT...I have horrible credit and was able to get my new TC-bh500 and the matching 4x10 cab on american musicals payment plan, NO interest, I pay 199.00 a month for 5 months and it is mine...only 2 more to go for me! i I forgot to mention I am borke, so this plan really helps me, I have got almost everything I have on that plan! Hope I helped a little!
  17. JimWasHere

JimWasHere

Thread from last august :p Remember, this was before we started the Behringer staking club :hyper:
  18. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    i wonder how that amp is doing. sorry but i agree its not worth the risk. fool me once...yadda yadda
  19. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I had a Behringer BX4500 that performed beautifully. Enjoy your new amp!
  20. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I rehearse with the BX4500H every week and it works fine. Like the SHAPE filter for rip-rockin tone!

I also had a BX300 as a practice amp for a few years and it was a rock. Cranked it up and jammed with it a couple of times too. Blew away my Fender Rumble 25 in cost, reliability (went through two Rumbles) and sound (way louder and punchier).

Sold it later to my cousin after buying a Carvin MB10.

Sucks that UPS bashed up her new combo. :bawl: