New Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by westy917, Dec 5, 2013.

1. westy917

westy917

Hi All,

I've been playing bass a while now and have always been playing through my dads old Laney 4x10 Combo. This thing is awesome but is really getting old now. Having joined a band recently, we are looking to gig early 2014, so I want to invest in a new amp...

Now I have no idea whats considered good or just plain awful... so I need my fellow bassists help.

The guitarists are both buying Blackstar HT Stage 60s and the drummer is using an electric kit. We play rock/pop/punk covers and will be gigging in pubs and clubs, so going from small to large venues.

I'm looking to spend about £500 upto £600 absolute max.

Will really appreciate your help!

Westy
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

My favorite all-around rig is a 300+ watt amp with a decent 4x10 cabinet. It should be good for all but the loudest situations in small to medium sized bars or clubs. This should work in large rooms too, as long as the guitars are not stupid loud and you have full PA support. If you can't hear yourself with a 300 watt amp and 4x10 cabinet then you're just too flippin' loud.

You'll have to do some shopping in your area and see what's available in both the new and used markets. Good luck. I love shopping for new gear. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff