New Bass Build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by topcat2069, Mar 16, 2014.

1. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Cathedral City, CA
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps
    New Build…. I've always wanted a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string, never had the $$, so I bought a couple of Fender Modern Player Jazz 5 pickups (I know … but I'll bet they're based on the Bill Lawrence design..).
    The Pickups:

Because I don't really care for the Jazz body shape it'll be a Warmoth Deluxe 5 P Bass body (under 4lb 3oz).

I really like the string spacing on The G&L L2500 so I've got a Hipshot A 5 bridge 687, with 17.5 pitch instead of the 19mm pitch of the RB bass.
    The Bridge:

I'll get a 1.75 nut width (Like the G&L L2500) Warmoth neck (with graphite stiffening rods) instead of the Fender 1.875 wide nut... That will take care of the weight, shape and playability.

For the electronics I'll have a Volume, Balance and Tone and a 3 way switch for each pickup= parallel, series and outer coil single…

So I guess what I'm building is a Blacktop P Bass 5 with modified electronics…..

I think this will be a nice counterpart to my other Warmoth build that Emulates the Fender Am. Dlx. P Bass V (only mine is passive and I like it that way)… I'll post pictures as the part acqusisition and build progresses….
  2. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Jul 2, 2012
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off