1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Landy67, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Landy67

Landy67 Supporting Member

It was actually last week, but now I have a stand, so I could get a decent picture.
    [​IMG]
    It's a Chadwick Folding Bass, and it's my first double bass. This thing is cooler than cool!
  2. giacomini

giacomini Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Awesome!

I've read only good things about the CFB, wish I could get one down here... Maybe next time I go to the States I manage to bring back one of these puppies!

Got my first double last week and next week I'm starting my lessons.

Congrats!
  3. petesenkowski

petesenkowski

Congratulations on your new bass. Aren't all of Chadwick's basses modified Shens? Is yours an SB80?
  4. Landy67

Landy67 Supporting Member

Thats what that means!!! On the back of the fretboard there's pencil marks that say SB80 I thought it was a serial number or something!

How do you identify a Shen model number? There doesn't seem to be anything to identify it.
  5. petesenkowski

petesenkowski

Shen model information can be found on their website: http://www.cscproducts.com

The SB80 is their laminate bass; for price, durability, and the "thump" you mentioned in your other thread, the SB80 is just what you were looking for.