1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Day!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IronSchef, Feb 5, 2014.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef

After adhering to the spouse-imposed "1-out, 1-in" rule and selling my SG clone (it never got any love anyway), I grabbed myself a Squier VM Jaguar Special SS Bass!

I have never played Bass before, and have always wanted to learn, so I took the plunge. After playing with it a bit last night, and going through some of the initial Rocksmith 2014 lessons, I am really digging it. I am glad (so far, at least) that I opted for the short scale version - having to reach another 4" to get to the 1st fret seems like it would have been pretty uncomfortable for my somewhat shorter arms!

Anyways - here she is:

[​IMG]

and, here is the updated family photo - I just LOVE my Squiers!! (I think I kinda like red guitars, too, lol)

[​IMG]
  2. BassKnuckle

BassKnuckle

Nice!! Beautiful family portrait. Congrats!! My spector and my pbass are both reds too :)
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice bass. Have fun with it.

If you're going all in, a nice rig will help you understand the whole tone thing.