1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

so Fed-Ex just dropped this off at my door!

[​IMG]

Yea i know..cheap bass...big deal right?...well

been gassing for a P/J......I Couldn't find a squier p/j...didn't want to spend 1,000.00 plus on a Fender (Not a big fan anyway) so this seemed to fill the bill

I have had great luck with ESP/LTD in the past

out of the box the finish is nice though the relic job is a bit cheesy...the neck however is super super comfortable...tuned it up and much to my surprise the Intonation at the 12 fret was almost dead on...and the action and string height were good as well..

plugged her in and lots of very tight smooth low end form the neck "p" pup...moving to the jazz pup in the bridge nice sharp high but kinda sounded hollow in the low end department....In fact, the difference in lows, volume, and overall fullness was totally night and day

with the Bridge "j" at full blast i had to put the neck "p" pup at about 70% to 75% percent to blend well ...

had to make a few adjustments to height on the pups....once i did that it sounded a little better...wide range of tones available..no problem with rock, blues, jazz or some good ol' R and B

But the neck! i can't get over how comfortable this neck is and the playability!..no sharp frets...all seated and crowned very well...

Seems a little on the heavy side but... has a solid alder body...34" scale maple neck with rosewood fretboard...21 frets..Jumbo

overall very happy with the purchase....will make a great mod platform....and if you like the stock look...i think an after market set of pups would be all this bass would need

again this neck rocks!

street is $349.00 i had a coupon so it was delivered to my door for $279.20
  2. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

I'm a sucker for sunburst with tort guard. PJ configuration is a nice plus too. Sweet axe!
  4. Snakeman1066

Thanks..
  5. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

That's a great deal! Enjoy!
  6. atomicdog

atomicdog

Sweet! I love the P/J thang.
  7. Astreaux

Astreaux

Looks good and a great price deal there too! Congrats and enjoy!
  8. Snakeman1066

Thanks guys...these things are apparently under the radar...IMHO best $300.00 i have ever spent....

unless you count that time in Vegas..lol
  9. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I approve! Very nice.
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats there! Hope it rocks yer world!
  11. Anthony Barrett

Anthony Barrett

If that sounds and feels half as good as it looks, then you have a fantastic bargain. Nice snag.
  12. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

It's always fun when it's new bass day no matter how much you spend. Congratulations!
  13. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I love it I like my basses on the heavy side and she looks like she plays great congrats there is nothing better than new bass day second only to new pedal day.
  14. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    Congrats man. Nothing like a NBD. Enjoy!!!
  15. Snakeman1066

almost everything i own is active..lol

Just been wanting a passive P/J for a long time now...I own two other ESP's and quite happy with them so i fugured what the hell right?

[​IMG]

in case some of you are wondering what the relic job looks like..

after living with it for a week i still like it very much...going to try it in a band setting this weekend at practice....if it cuts through the mix well it will more than likely be my new back up...

this neck is the S%#T seriously!
  16. Mikio

Mikio

Man, I've been dying to try those out! please post a clip =) and Congrats!
  17. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

I picked up one of the black ones from Hello Music a couple weeks ago for $178:hyper: (an absolute steal) and I have to agree with everything you said about it.
    An excellent bass at one hell of a price! Doubt I will ever find a deal that good again.
    Matter of fact I just looked and they still have them in stock for $198. Get 'em now folks.
  18. Snakeman1066

Tried it at practice tonight...I have to say it sits well in the mix and cuts quite well....These pups are really hot...i had to turn down from my usual settings..

my overdrive and fuzz pedal settings had to be adjusted as well....and i have to say my MXR Bass Fuzz deluxe sounded really really tasty with these passive pups...

Ladies and gentlemen i have a new back up!