1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snogaws, Feb 11, 2013.

1. snogaws

snogaws Supporting Member

Just got back from the Chicago Music Exchange with this:

Epiphone Jack Casady Bass -- Limited Edition Silverburst

Neck dive is soooo bad :meh:

But the sound is soooooooooo good!:bassist:

[​IMG]
  2. lolmont

lolmont

Looks cool, but bad neck dive would be a deal breaker for me.
  3. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Nice! I love the colour.

Buy a $20 Levy's suede strap. Neck dive problem solved!
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Thicker strap might help that problem
  5. bassbenj

bassbenj

That bass is so sweet, but I also hate neck dive!

If it were mine, I'd experiment with some kind of button extension on the upper horn. Maybe one of those brackets on the back like a steinberger uses...

I put a button extension on my bad neck dive 8 string and it fixed it right up.
  6. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    even that doesn't work. worst i have ever seen in 40 years.....need to add several pounds to the body.
  7. change-jug

change-jug

Congrats on the Casady!! I`ve been wanting one for a while,so I`m a bit envious!

Like others have said a wider strap made of leather with help with neck dive. Another way to beat neck dive while playing is to have your instrument cord looped thru your strap. This is what I do and not only is it good for weighing your bass down but it also prevents you from yanking your cord out of the output jack if you step on it.
  8. Pimpernel Smith

Pimpernel Smith

A wide strap, 3 1/2 inches or 4 inches wide with suede, or roughed up leather on the underside will keep it in place. These are wonderful sounding and playing basses.
  9. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Silver Burst! Never seen a Cassidy in that color. I had a Les Paul silver burst, over time it turns green, very cool color that ages well.

Congrats
  10. Jawbone

Jawbone

I have one of those - they were blowing them out at MF some time ago (new in the used section)- love the silver and black just like my Raiders. Can't say it's my favorite bass of all times but it cool once in a while. I don't have the neck dive problem, maybe a bigger strap? Only bass I know that gives you automatic fuzz with the variac switch.

Enjoy it.
  11. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful bass!! Congratulations!