1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

New Bass Sunday

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Champagne, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Just picked up this pretty lady:

She needs a little work, but so far, I am liking her. She SCREEEEEEEEEAMS under a bow! Carved Romanian. I have to say, this is probably the nicest Romanian-made bass I have ever played under $10k. I have the maker info still in the car but have to run out. Will share the history tomorrow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More photos including super-sizing HERE

2. Very nice looking bass and a funky bridge design! I have been playing a few Romanian basses last weeks in the search for my first bass and there were a few very nice ones too, they make beautiful basses there!

Enjoy it!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. nicechuck

nicechuck

Jul 9, 2007
    Great looking bass! Congrats

5. I suck, you can hear it, and you can hear the bass!:ninja:

Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2014
  6. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    Great looking and sounding new bass! Congratulations!

7. Edvin

Edvin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sweden
    Yeah, it's soo appealing to me! Not necessarily beautiful, but i still love it! Maybe because i love edgar meyer, and his has the same design.

8. Thanks for the kind comments. The bass needs some optimizations. It was setup for orchestral work. Strings and such. Its last owner was a retired principal bassist of an orchestra. The sound post was fairly close to the bridge. I bumped it back a 1/2 an inch, threw a set of spirocores on it and that's where she's at. The sound post stil needs a trim and a little movement toward the ff. That's next.

9. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Congrats on your new bass, a very beautiful instrument!