1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bass Time

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by draygriff, Dec 24, 2013.

1. draygriff

draygriff

I'm ready to get another Bass. I already have...Music Man HH 5 string, Washburn USA custom shop 5 string, Warwick Thumb bolt-on 4 string, and a Fender USA Deluxe Jazz 4 string. I'm lucky enough to play in a band that gigs out just about every weekend. We play mostly country. I currently use a Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 1x12. My short list includes Warwick German Thumb Neck-Thru 5-String, Lakland Deluxe 55-94, Fender Custom Shop Custom Artist Series Reggie Hamilton Jazz, Spector USA NS-5H2-EX, and NS Design CR5 RADIUS. So, whaddaya think?
  2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Interesting you mention the NS Design Radius. I tried one out a while back and really liked it. Very complex tonal palette from this bass. As it turns out, I just ordered one and it should arrive in the next week or so. I think it is a pretty solid bass for the money.

I think the only thing that might keep you from going this route is its looks. You mention that you play a lot of country music. I don't know if the look would fit with this genre well (personally I say play whatever bass you want but some people might have hang ups).

I think the Lakland 55-94 would be pretty awesome too.

Have fun with your search.

Bones
  3. ebannist

ebannist

Can't go wrong with a Reggie Hamilton CS V! On of the best gigging basses on the market.
  4. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Can't go wrong with a USA made Spector.
  5. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

+1,000
  6. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    What are you looking for that's actually missing from the other basses?
  7. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Supporting Member

A nice lined fretless 5!
  8. Dug2

Dug2

have you ever considered an mtd?
  9. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe Supporting Member

This is key really.
  10. Bass Fund

Bass Fund

The quality of a U.S. Spector is overwhelming. I have to ask though; are you sure one of 'em belongs in a Country band?
  11. draygriff

draygriff

Nothing really. I suffer from G.A.S.

12. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    A bolt-on US Spector would be just fine for country IMO. The stock Aggie preamp is nice and clean but can be drive a little if need be.

I haven't played a US built Lakland but if I was not Spector exclusive I would definitely have one by now based on my experience with the excellent Skyline I had.