1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Bassist Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by pak11006, Dec 15, 2013.

1. pak11006

pak11006

Alright so I'm a fairly new bassist and my first base was a Squier Bronco Series P bass and it had a horrible sound imo. I'm looking to get a new bass and I need suggestions. I have an $800 budget, I'm looking for precision only basses. I will use the base to play punk rock,alternative rock and anything else along those lines.

ALL RECCOMENDATIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS.

2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    You're in the wrong forum... you want this one:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/

And I'd suggest starting with the FAQs a bit. Though The Perfect Bass is an awesome store (I can't wait to get my Bongo 5 HSp from them!) and I recommend them to everyone I talk to, you'll get more traffic in the main forum.
    If you start your own thread, you'll need to provide a lot more information on what you don't like about your bass, your amp, what you're looking for, what basses you've tried in stores (and why you did/did not like those ones), the band(s) you play in, etc. etc.

3. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

What Selta said....... and WELCOME to TalkBass!

4. pfox14

pfox14

With that budget, a Fender MIM Precision bass is your best bet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Yup. I own one and it is GREAT. especially for the price.

7. RxFunk

RxFunk

You could get a used MIA P bass for that price as well.