1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Bassist Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by pak11006, Dec 15, 2013.

1. pak11006

pak11006

Alright so I'm a fairly new bassist and my first base was a Squier Bronco Series P bass and it had a horrible sound imo. I'm looking to get a new bass and I need suggestions. I have an $800 budget, I'm looking for precision only basses. I will use the base to play punk rock,alternative rock and anything else along those lines.

ALL RECCOMENDATIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS.
  2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    You're in the wrong forum... you want this one:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/

And I'd suggest starting with the FAQs a bit. Though The Perfect Bass is an awesome store (I can't wait to get my Bongo 5 HSp from them!) and I recommend them to everyone I talk to, you'll get more traffic in the main forum.
    If you start your own thread, you'll need to provide a lot more information on what you don't like about your bass, your amp, what you're looking for, what basses you've tried in stores (and why you did/did not like those ones), the band(s) you play in, etc. etc.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

What Selta said....... and WELCOME to TalkBass!
  4. pfox14

pfox14

With that budget, a Fender MIM Precision bass is your best bet.
  5. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Yup. I own one and it is GREAT. especially for the price.
  6. RxFunk

RxFunk

You could get a used MIA P bass for that price as well.