1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

New Bow

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by AlcalaBass, Feb 9, 2013.

1. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I was given the opportunity to buy this wonderful bow from a great friend of mine. Its a gold mounted Roderich Paesold***.It weighs 144.2 grams and is 27 1/2 inches long. 28inches with the button.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It's pretty. Now you've got to break it in (assuming the hair is new)! Enjoy!

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    The hair is pretty old. Already have it in the shop being rehaired with salt & pepper.

5. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Just got this bow that was modeled after my Morizot. It's so much fun to play.
    136 grams 670cm long w/out button. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1362466859.635640.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1362466869.619213.jpg

6. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
  7. dreamer69

dreamer69

Aug 30, 2005
    Spain
    Its fantastic. Ivory frog?

Its posibble this bow in german pattern?

8. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I'm sure it is. You should contact Dorfler and see who a dealer near you.

9. Eastman

Eastman

May 22, 2006
    Switzerland
    You mean something like this?

That’s my Roderich Paesold gold mount bow with a German mammoth frog. It plays as it looks …

Best regards

Eastman

Attached Files:

10. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    How much do the *** Paesold bows go for? I have only ever seen the cheap ones they make.

11. dreamer69

dreamer69

Aug 30, 2005
    Spain
    Just like this. Im in love with this frogs. Can you tell me more information of this bow? Thanks

12. Eastman

Eastman

May 22, 2006
    Switzerland
    What shall I tell you? It's a gold mount Roderich Paesold with a German mammoth frog. I bought this bow half a year ago and I am very happy with it.

I have compared it with several other high end bows but it was also from a sound point of view my absolute favote.

Best regards

Eastman

13. hbfosho

hbfosho

Oct 26, 2007
    Lafayette, LA
    I was wondering who you ordered this from. It's a beautiful bow and I'm shopping around for a new bow

14. Eastman

Eastman

May 22, 2006
    Switzerland
    I bought mine at a luthier shop here in Switzerland. I am sure Paesold has a distributor in the states too?

15. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  16. hbfosho

hbfosho

Oct 26, 2007
    Lafayette, LA