1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

new build or modify?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by antoniolopez90, Feb 2, 2014.

1. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90 Supporting Member

OK guys not sure if this is the right spot for this forum but here goes..

So I have a roadworn jazz I love but I am wanting to have a jazz with 2 p pickups if not a 3rd pickup right at the neck.

I have considered a new parts build which I have done.

Or a new build where I make the body and neck which I haven't done. The whole 9 yards basically.

So should I modify the crap out of my beloved roadworn? Or simply start a new build? What do you guys think?
  2. Deep Cat

Deep Cat Supporting Member

If price is not a factor, build new.
  3. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90 Supporting Member

If I can get my Ric 4003 to sell out right those funds will go right into the build.

I was examining the RW, it has plenty of relic stuff probably more than from the factory lol like small dings and nics so probably wouldnt be a fun one to refinish..