1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New cab day :D

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JamesXP, Jan 1, 2014.

1. JamesXP

JamesXP

[​IMG]

Two Genz-Benz FCS-410T.. very impressed with sound.. reasonably light to boot!

Just need to try and fill the 6U rack.. going to ditch the line6 floor pod and replace it with a 1u preamp along with a 1u power conditoner and maybe a little tray for cables? :)
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

My thoughts if I may:

Tray/drawers are just a burden in a rack. I have two 2U drawers that cam out of the rack faster than they went in!

If you allow for a 2U pre you'll have many more choices.

Power "conditioners" are a waste of space unless you need one for mains distribution. They offer no more "protection" than a simple filtering power bar.

I have found that anything over a 4U case as awkward to carry with one hand. I standardized on 4U cases.
  3. JamesXP

JamesXP

6U case was free so I can't complain... The main reason I'm going for the power distributor is to light up whatever is underneath it.. and it also means I only need one mains plug for everything inside!

I haven't really seen any 2U preamps that I can afford though! I don't mind having blank spaces in the rack.. might even get a rack tuner if I can find a nice one
  4. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

If I had the dough I'd make an offer on the Pod, I have one already and finally figured out how to find the magic in them. I bet that stack sounds as sweet as it looks!
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

this is the reason I do use them. :) I can't imagine how big one would have to be to handle multi 13A plugs! :D
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Sell the 6U then buy a 3 or a 4. :)
  7. johnpbass

johnpbass

Very nice JamesXP!
    I love the GB Focus cabs. Sound great, lightweight, good build quality, excellent value, IMO.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Serious Stack! Congrats! :D
  9. JamesXP

JamesXP

Thanks guys, just secured a peavey max bass preamp so should be good when I get it next week!

Anybody used one before?
  10. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder

Those pres have found favor with quite a few players. Hope you love it!
  11. JamesXP

JamesXP

Me too! from what i'm reading it does seem pretty damn good for what I'm doing.. so i'm just counting the days now :)
  12. JamesXP

JamesXP

[​IMG]

It appears it arrived!

Sounds good so far!