1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rainmurphy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. rainmurphy

rainmurphy

I'm currently using an Acoustic Image Coda for my small group gigs with great results. I use it in a stage band (4 horns with rhythm section) but am overpowered on stage.

What do you think about pairing the AI with a 2x10 or 1x12 for added volume?

Or thoughts on using a separate head (GK MB 200) with a 2x10 or 1x12?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

I have been doing exactly that with pretty good success. I am pairing my Coda with a 1x12 Schroeder Mini 12L.

It has worked well with a 6 piece band with drums and a quartet with grand piano.
  3. rainmurphy

rainmurphy

@lowEndRick:
    Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try it with the GK 2x10 I have been using. I'm still entertaining the idea of buying the EA Wizzy 12.

Good luck to you!--Phil