New Content Update for AdamNittiMusicEducation.com 2/14/13

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by adamnitti, Feb 16, 2013.

1. adamnitti

adamnitti

I've just added some cool new lesson videos to the library at my bass instructional site, AdamNittiMusicEducation.com. Also, I will be hosting my **next live masterclass on Wednesday, February 20th at 7:30pm EST.

BRAND NEW VIDEOS:

AHT103: Interval & Location Exercises, Part 3 - This lesson continues from where "Interval And Location Exercises, Part 2" leaves off, introducing musical concepts and exercises incorporating all of the chromatic intervals played in 2 locations. Also introduces augmented intervals and the concept of enharmonic equivalents. This lesson also covers intervallic movements in both ascending and descending directions. Recommended for beginning level players interested in learning the neck better and becoming more familiar with basic music theory.

TEC232: Developing Hybrid Slap Techniques, Part 2: Incorporating Hammer-Ons - This lesson takes up where "Developing Hybrid Slap Techniques, Part 1: 2, 3, and 4 Note Combinations" leaves off. This lesson incorporates the addition of hammer-ons to the basic combinations for added flair and groove-building options. Also discusses the concept of 'fretting hand leading' in detail and also how it integrates into more complex lines. Recommended for intermediate to advanced level players wanting to expand their slap bass skills or expand their use of the slap hybrid concepts.

**MAS110: Part 1 of the Live Online Masterclass on February 7, 2013 - Topics discussed include: Concepts for getting strated with improvisation, including harmonization, modal theory, static chord improvisation, and key center analysis.

Session Breakdown:
    0:00 - Improvisation relating to much more than soloing
    5:50 - Static chord application
    8:45 - Relating the major scale modes
    13:15 - Intervallic construction
    14:20 - The 2 main benefits of the modes
    21:00 - Building modal fingerings from each scale degree
    26:09 - Aligning your ideas to key signatures
    28:15 - Modal/chordal relationships
    33:40 - Extracting chord types from modes (Harmonization concept)
    41:03 - "Default" modes for improvisation
    43:04 - Dorian application demonstration
    48:43 - Ionian application demonstration

**MAS111: Part 2 of the Live Online Masterclass on February 7, 2013

Session Breakdown:
    0:00 - Enharmonic equivalents
    3:52 - Software used for accompaniment
    5:22 - Mixolydian application demonstration
    8:30 - Working on intervallic recognition and awareness
    11:25 - Understanding the functional perspective of the notes
    16:45 - Locrian application demonstration
    19:42 - How to develop good phrasing