New Darkglass B7K (Made in US)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassUli, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BassUli

BassUli

2. Road Bull

Road Bull Supporting Member

I am trying to decide if I want a B3K or the B7K. I am well stocked on DIs at the moment. I have a Sansamp PBDDI and a MXR M80+DI atm. I use the PBDDI more for the tone shaping, and the M80 at the end of the chain for overall volume control, as I live in an apartment and have to watch volume at my late hours. The B7K looks nice though. I don't use the distortion on the M80, so it might go away if it's duties become too repetitious. I will be getitng one of the two soon. Maybe an early Christmas present to myself..

Has anyone here had both the B7K and the B3K? Did you find the extra controls and options on the B7K to be worth it?

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Kinda wish they would have revisited adding a second footswitch for a gain boost. Looks great, though. The B3K wasn't my sound but it was a great pedal that I could tell would be for many others.

4. BassUli

BassUli

From what I watched on YouTube, the dirty of the pedal is amazing. You can from a little buzz to something very dirty.

I bought a B7K, because the EQ and DI were something I was looking for.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. demonmalfas

demonmalfas

My B7K will arrive in few days!

7. Spencer!

Spencer! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Stompbox designer/builder for 3Leaf Audio
    No space! Those XLR and 1/4" jacks take up all the room inside.

8. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

These things sound supernaturally good. I'd never give up my Source Audio distortion, but for the sake of tubey goodness in a DI... if I could get it past the minister of finance, I'd be on it.

9. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Really thinking about upgrading my B3K...

10. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Well! The new batch is ready and we have a few units that aren't sold yet!

Regards, Doug.

11. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Thanks for the kind words mate!

12. Fro 20

Fro 20

bear in mind, though, that (unless they've changed this in the US models) the XLR out only functions when the pedal is on.

to me it's still worth the extra dough. I have alot of cool pedals but if I cca't fit my board and can only bring one, it's always that one

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I don't have experience with the B7k but I do own a B3k, I wish I would have spent the extra $100 for the EQ and D.I., I am kicking myself now for it and I don't think I'll ever eat the money and upgrade.

So I would get it unless your super broke, but then why would you be buying boutique pedals...

14. FaithNoMan

FaithNoMan

I have a lot of respect for reviews like this. More than the "Meh, not so great", you thought beyond what you like.:) I think a lot of the time, people forget that we are talking about *sounds* here, and not washing machines, or some appliance(which either work good or not)

And, I think I fit in with the last part of your statement

15. Spencer!

Spencer! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Stompbox designer/builder for 3Leaf Audio
    We did change this for the USA models - the XLR now works when the pedal is bypassed.

16. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

WOW! Good Call...

17. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I have had both the B3K and I just sold my B7K I liked the B3K better I don't gig so I play at lower volumes than most folks on this forum and to me the 3K was easier to dial in and quieter but if I gigged I would have kept the 7K it's one of those pedals you just have to own at least once same with the 3K which I will be purchasing again soon

18. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, EMG, Coffin Case, Maxon
    Got my B7k yesterday and Its quite awesome. I've owned almost all of the tech21 stuff(para, bass driver, RBI, rpm, XXL, and vt) and this is just on another level. What I wasn't expecting was how well the clean tones are. I mainly wanted it for the dirt but the eq is very well centered. I was mostly a 400/800 hi/low mids guy but I'm finding the higher set eq is a bit more versatile.

Very refreshing to use something that isn't a tube screamer or sansamp based od. I always felt those didn't sound as open and natural as I wished they could.

The blend sounds natural as well..some pedals I've tried like the sparkle drive that have blends don't seem to "blend" the two signals well. At least IMO.

I waited too long to get one lol.

19. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Reminds me of the Sansamp BDDI...with the scoop.....Just not as much gain at hand.
    There I said it!

20. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, EMG, Coffin Case, Maxon
    I don't think it goes in to fuzz territory but I hear Doug will have that covered soon lol.

I think the eq is far more versatile as well... The sansamp seems to only do "sansamp"

I may be bias because I could never get a good tone with any sansamp... I really did try to make it work lol

21. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

I trust your opinion on the versatility of the EQ. That is my only beef with the sansamp...From the video I am really digging the OD on this pedal much more. It sounds very natural to me. How is the DI?