1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Dimarzio DP123 wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rusty G String, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

I just ordered these pups for my MIM Jazz, and was wondering if I should just pop them in, or go ahead and order the 500k pots now. I've seen people go back and forth on the pots to use for these pups. Any opinions?

2. Torkk

Torkk

I just dropped in a set in VM70sJB. I couldnt get the foam under the pups and I just wired it up the way the stock ones were. I tried the way manufacture says but when I twisted the bridge blk and white I got no sound out of the high side of the pup.

My bass came with 250 pots and im guessing its a .050 cap or is it .50 i dont remember how it goes.

Im looking for a better wiring. I want to do serial/ parallel, going to order a p/p pot and try to figure it out i guess.

THey sound awesome btw. except for my pots I think they are linear and I can barely tell when if theres a difference from 0 to max