1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Dimension

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stonewall, Oct 5, 2013.

1. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

I was at my dealer thursday to order a American Deluxe Dimension IV HH in Cayenne i asked how long til i get it he said his Fender rep. was coming in friday he would find out and get back to me...He did so freakin 2 month or more !
    Whatttttt is up with this...they get it out on You Tube and what not its on the Fender web but not available for 2 months is this just in my area southern ontario
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

A run-on is a sentence in which two or more independent clauses (i.e., complete sentences) are joined without appropriate punctuation or conjunction. This is generally considered a stylistic error, though it is occasionally used in literature and may be used as a rhetorical device. An example of a run-on is a comma splice, in which two independent clauses are joined with a comma without an accompanying coordinating conjunction. Some prescriptivists exclude comma splices from the definition of a run-on sentence, but this does not imply that they consider comma splices to be acceptable.
    The mere fact that a sentence is long does not make it a run-on sentence; sentences are run-ons only when they contain more than one independent clause. A run-on sentence can be as short as four words—for instance: I drive she walks. In this case there are two independent clauses: two subjects paired with two intransitive verbs. So as long as clauses are punctuated appropriately, a writer can assemble multiple independent clauses in a single sentence; in fact, a properly constructed sentence can be extended indefinitely.

......having said that, I'll wait for the Squier version.
  3. Ragoo

Ragoo

Squier version? Is this hearsay or fact?

If so, will it have the U.S. style humbucker or the Modern Player tribucker?
  4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Mad Love for the rarely-seen-on-the-internet Grammarian! I mean, talk about "thin on the ground" around these parts.

Bless you, Sir Gorn…bless you, indeed! :D
  5. 3234718

Not hearsay or fact, just conjecture. There's a Squier version of pretty much every fender. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I'm just going to speculate here, but I doubt Squier would put one out so soon, given that Fender already has a low-cost model in the form of the Modern Player Dimension. And since it's in Fender's low-end line (no slam…I'm kinda GASsing for a first generation MP Jazz), I'm certain a few people have already chalked it up to being the equivalent of a Squier.
  7. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

Fender is trying to let people know what is coming. Some people appreciate the advance warning, some people hate reading product announcements before the product is available. There is no way to please everyone and in this case I suppose that people considering a Musicman might be encouraged to wait and see what the new Fender is all about before pulling the trigger so it is potentially a win for Fender. My personal feeling is that a few months advance warning is appropriate and if it truly is only two months before early adopters get their Dimension basses then the bounds of good taste have not been stretched.

I am on the fence but I am leaning to the opinion that the grammar lesson was worse than the post that inspired it. It is easier to parse a question if the occasional token period is thrown in to separate independent thoughts however.
  8. stonewall

It used to be we thought that people who went around correcting other people’s grammar were just plain annoying. Now there’s evidence they are actually ill, suffering from a type of obsessive-compulsive disorder/oppositional defiant disorder (OCD/ODD). Researchers are calling it Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome, or GPS.FOXP2.1, may actually cause us to obsessively correct other people’s grammar, or should that be, to correct their grammar obsessively? The discovery of this gene, alongside new evidence from fMRI scans of brains exposed to real-time grammatical errors, has led some scientists to predict that soon we may be able to find a cure for GPS, for many sufferers a debilitating, off-putting, sociopathic syndrome....Having said that...i can copy and paste like you; exibit A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence
  9. topo morto

topo morto

The basic point of Talkbass is to squabble and argue in an infantile manner, but still using reasonably good English.

I have nothing against 'relaxed' grammar, but it has no place on Talkbass. I suggest YouTube for that kind of thing.

If you would like to engage in friendly conversation, may I suggest trying another site - or at least find one of the TB clubs rather than just flagrantly starting a new non-'club' thread.

That is all.
  10. brenner182

brenner182

I wanted to read what other people thought about the new bass coming out, yet I get a lesson about grammar instead.

This board is going to ****.

Side note, I would really like to play one of the new double buck versions in a 5 string and see if fender as figured out how to make a decent 5 string neck.
  11. bassman10096

bassman10096

...and, surprisingly, that goal is generally well-met. Thank heavens.;)
  12. 3234718

I did indeed copy and paste, only because Wikipedia can explain a run on sentence more clearly than I can. I should have sited a source, but I stand by criticism, as well as my hope for an eventual Squier version.

But in the spirit and community, I'll apologize and stay out of it. Punctuation be damned. Let's just all have fun and do our best to understand each other.

....full disclosure...i didn't write that definition of a run on sentence and I'm not actually the Gorn captain that battled Captain Kirk at the behest of the Metrons after the incident on Cestus 3.
  13. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

I'm gonna wait a while a see how good the bass is, and hopefully in a Squier version. I'm thecguyvehod rather have 10 $200 basses than 1 $2000 bass. And for the OP, I have some extra punctuation he can have. .......,,,,,,,!!!!??
  14. topo morto

topo morto

'sited'?
    'SITED'?

CITED, boy! :D
  15. stonewall

LOL...OK sounds good to me. Cheers
  16. boamedt

boamedt

Yesterday I tried a dimension v from a local store. Now I'm not a fan of musicman basses for no particular reason, I just never like them when I pick it up and play them. I came at this bass not actually knowing it existed, so I gave it a fair chance. The setup was ok, I didn't like the neck, way to chunky for my tastes, but was nicely finished and still played nice. The sound was more akin to a am std jazz instead of a musicman sound. The pre amp was the typical fender pre amp(probably why it sounded like an active jazz). Now it didn't sound exactly like a jazz, just more like a jazz than a musicman.