1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Fender '62 AVRI in Black

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SpinyNorman, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman Supporting Member

I was just browsing the Ebay listings, and I saw two new listings for '62 reissues in black w/ rosewood necks.

That probably explains the price drop on the older ones, as there's a new color in town. I don't see any information on the Fender website. I'm assuming a few dealers may have jumped the gun.

I think I'm going to take the opportunity to pick me up a classic sunburst. :hyper:
  2. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

An excellent idea! :D

Attached Files:

3. okc-zee

okc-zee

That's what I just did as well !
  4. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

I have an Olympic white 62 p bass on the way! at these prices they're cheaper than the American Standards. I do think that fender plans to launch a new vintage line but I dont think the black 62 J bass is part of that line. Ive seen a couple of Black '62 J reissues around over the years. not as common as the burst and white though.
  5. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman Supporting Member

Are you selling that fine instrument?
  6. D.M.N.

D.M.N. Supporting Member

Black has been a standard color of the AVRI 62s (both Jazz and Precision) for a very long time. This isn't part of the new line yet. They haven't released any details regarding the basses for the revamped AVRI line, and I sort of doubt they will until Winter NAMM in January. That's when I assume they would unveil the full line.
  7. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Not yet!

Just got her and still enjoying the honeymoon. I think she is a keeper. She is fine indeed, and thanks from both of us for the compliment. :bassist:
  8. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

I've never seen a black AVRI precision and fender doesn't have it listed as n option on their website.
  9. D.M.N.

D.M.N. Supporting Member