New Fender American Deluxe Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mstrlowdown, Nov 10, 2012.

1. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

Brought home one of these in Wine color and ash body last night from Sweetwater. They had both the ash body and alder body basses to try and made it very easy. I picked the ash because to my ear it had a rounder sound, a little more old school. I really like this bass. My favorite bass is my 1969 Precision but I don't like taking it out and have been looking for an old school sounding bass with 5 strings. I have found it in this bass. I've been playing a modern handmade boutique 5 for a few years now that has a 35" scale. I can say that it is a great bass but just not for me. Looking forward to several gigs coming up with the new ax.
  2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

Congrats, however if you decide to sell let me know.:D
  3. jadenjazz

jadenjazz

I just bought the sunburst Deluxe 5 this weekend. I agree, it's a great playing bass!
  4. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

No photos, no new ax. Let's have a look! :D
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have an MIA Jazz Deluxe 4 string in wine with rosewood fretboard. Its a great sounding bass. ENJOY!
  7. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

Well, I played the new Fender quite a bit this weekend and will say that I really like it. I left the Fender strings on it and they are ok but I usually use DR Highbeams and will probably go with those. If anyone has string suggestions for this bass feel free to let me know. As for pictures I will give it a try. Also my post said I picked the Ash body and that isn't right I got the Wine color and that is an Alder body.
  8. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

Here is the picture!

Attached Files:

9. 2meterbassman

2meterbassman

Since I saw this bass in this color the first time on the Fender website, I think this is the most beautiful bass Fender built since many years.

Congrats! Good taste"
    Greetz
  10. Kilometers

Kilometers

This what I've been eyeing for my second bass. How's the low B? Nice and strong?
  11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful how was the setup from Sweetwater ? Great company I was thinking of buying a bass from them.
  12. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

It's a great low B. Really nice and defined something that conventional wisdom says you can't do with a 34" scale.
  13. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

Set up was good. Can be a little lower but not bad at all. They are a great company and since they are close to me I can go and play the ax before I buy which is a nice bonus.
  14. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

That's so sweet. I have had many midnight wine/black Fenders, and I think it's about the best combination around. Add the blocked neck and 4+1 headstock, and that bass wins!
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dang! That's nice.
  16. Starflyer59

Starflyer59

Beautiful! I wish i had the $$ for one :(
  17. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

I bought a white AMD 5 string back in August as a backup for my Sterling 5. Both basses get about equal playing time. Love it!
  18. mstrlowdown

mstrlowdown

As an update, I put DR Sunbeams on this bass and ended up changing them back to the Fender 8250M's that came on the bass. The Fender's just seem to work better, all around smoother with balanced lows and highs. First time I've played Fender strings since...well I can't remember when.
  19. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

If I were to be in the market for a Jazz, that would be the one. Sweet bass!