NEW FENDER RUMBLE 500 AND 200 COMBOS ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by moonoid, Mar 10, 2014.

1. moonoid

moonoid

2. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
  3. Linnin

Linnin

They've just hit Europe, and won't make it to America until the end of March or first of April. Fender Rumbles have a very well earned reputation for extreme reliability. Unlike that other company you mentioned that has a reputation for catastrophic failure.

Plus Rumbles sound GREAT with full rich tone and honest wattage ratings that are on the conservative side.

Be sure to audition one just as soon as you can.

:hyper::bassist::hyper:
  4. fabubass

fabubass

I just got got a Rumble 350 combo ( the close out one) for 349.00 at Guitar Center President's Day Sale. There was a small dent in it and Guitar Center knocked off another $20.00 credited back to my account and gave me $30.00 in store merchandise, PLUS, the gave me 180.00 for my 5 year old SWR Working Pro 200. The Rumble sounds Great!. I have used it on almost a dozen gigs. It is a great sounding amp. Going to try the 500 (Just for fun) when it hits the stores.
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Wowzers!

Now that is a fabulous deal fabubass! :cool:

Be sure to join our famously fabulous Fender Rumble Club too. :)
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/fender-rumble-club-970397/
  6. fabubass

fabubass

I know! I am always reading about Guitar Center getting trashed. My Guitar Center is in Coconut Creek Fla. Salesman was Chris. My Guitar Center experience was excellent!
  7. southpaw723

southpaw723

I cant wait til the 500 combo hits some stores so I can try one out. I'm in good need of a powerful and portable amp. They sure look sweet. The voicing palette looks cool; bright, contour and vintage. The two tens will definitely give me the punchy tone that I want.
  8. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

The Rumble 500 does look very interesting and I've been reading up quite a bit on it along with a few YouTube vids,,,, and I am looking forward to checking one out in person

One thing that is very interesting is how much in common the Rumble 500 has with the GK MB210.

Cheers
    Davyo
  9. fabubass

fabubass

yeah, the wattage and weight too, In the 37 , 38 lb range like the GK. The Rumble 350 Is something like 64 lbs.
    The 350 has wheels. I haven't seen anywhere that the 500 is going to have wheels. Anyone??
  10. Boom762

Boom762 Hartke Whore - I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

No wheels needed. The idea is to lay the amp face down and play, utilizing sound-waves to hover the combo in whichever direction you choose.
  11. moonoid

moonoid

Going into Manchester UK today to try out the Fender Rumble 500 and 200. Will report back!
  12. southpaw723

southpaw723

Well!?!?!? :hyper:
  13. moonoid

moonoid

Well, I tried one at Dawsons in Manchester yesterday. Firstly, it looks quite small and is very light (17kg). This one had two 10 speakers. I tried it with a new Fender Jazz (my own bass is a vintage one). It certainly has plenty of punch and a good EQ control. It struggled slightly when I put full bass on at a loud volume but then most combos have their limits. The sound was quite warm and reminded me of the old valve sound I used to get years ago with the Bassman head and cab. I tried it against the TC 250 combo and it had a more middly and almost vintage sound. The TC sounded more meaty but a bit more sterile. I liked the new Rumble and am seriously considering buying it. My only concern is whether it will be robust and reliable enough after my horrible experiences with the notorious Ampeg BA300 115. I'll try a few more amps first but it's certainly a possibility. I'd welcome a second opinion of course.
  14. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Was it the TC BG250 115 or 210 version that you compared the Rumble too ?

Thanks for feedback on the Rumble.

In trying out other amps/cabs/combos I'm always comparing everything against my GK gear and for me nothing really compares yet against GK.

Cheers
    Davyo
  15. southpaw723

southpaw723

If you tried it against the tc bg250 1x15, was the fender brighter? I didn't really like the tc at all. It seemed too boomy and "low". It was pretty cheaply built too. How was the rumble built? Is it sturdy and built strong?
  16. moonoid

moonoid

Been on the road a lot recently so didn't buy the Fender Rumble 500. I'm now thinking of the new Fender Rumble 500w head and either the Fender 4x10 or 1x15 cab. Anyone tried these?