1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Fender Rumble Combo amps - NAMM 2014

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Thornton Davis, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Attention Fender amp fans!

To the best of my knowledge these haven't been formally announced yet, but Fender has redesigned their Rumble line of combo amps. They now have the traditional Fender look (like the Super Bassman 300 and Bassman 100) and consist of;

Rumble 500 Combo - 500 watts Class D amp, 2x10" + horn. List price $699.99

Rumble 200 Combo - 200 watts Class D amp, 1x15" + horn. List price $549.99

Rumble 100 Combo - 100 watts Class D amp, 1x12" no horn. List price $399.99

All speakers are Eminence Special Design Ceramic-Magnet. No physical dimensions or weights are given.

If you pickup a copy of Fender's new 2014 Illustrated Pricelist you'll find photos and full feature description of each model on page 157. As I post this, I've checked Fender's website and they haven't updated it yet to show this new updated line of Rumble Combo's.

UPDATE - Here's a image of the new Rumble 500 Combo from the new Fender 2014 Illustrated Pricelist catalog. The image is courtesy of FMIC.

[​IMG]

TD
  2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Anyone else think "Rumble" is a bad name for a bass amp? Image = mud?
  3. SpecialBlender

SpecialBlender

I wonder if our favorite Genz Benz people have there finger prints on these designs.
  4. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Would be cool. I'm going Friday, will look for Jeff and Andy.
  5. rocksmoot

rocksmoot

They're not up on the fender site yet, love to look at them. The Rumble line is pretty darned good for the market they were designed for. My Rumble 350 head is a great practice amp and has been solid as a rock, so they have the build quality aspect down. On the other hand, the Ampeg PF line and the GK MB line both blow Rumbles away in sound quality at a similar price point, IMHO, though that is very much a personal preference.

I hope this new line of amps ups Fender's game in that price space. I'd love for GK and Ampeg to get some more intense competition from Fender sound quality-wise at that price point - that can only help us.

Cheap awesome amps for everybody!
  6. rocksmoot

rocksmoot

Sigh - I wish I lived in CA.
  7. bassinplace

bassinplace

Nah. I've got one and it sounds pretty good, actually. Got the 350 watt about 3 years ago. It's a good amp.
  8. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    I'm just talking the name for marketing purpose. "Rumble" to me is something my stomach does. I would have gone with another name.
  9. dream_theater

dream_theater Supporting Member

Their Rumble line looks much more promising. Don't know what the ohm ratings are for any of them....

They have-

500 head- Class D 500w
    200 head- Class D 200w
    410 Cab- 500w cont
    115 Cab- 300w cont
    500 Combo- 2x10 500w
    200 Combo- 1x15 200w
    100 Combo- 1x12 100w
    40 Combo- 1x10 40w
    25 Combo- 1x8 25w
    15 Combo- 1x8 15w

I'll be getting a 200w head through my Fender Bucks program. I'll keep you guys updated but many of you may get them before me :)
  10. MIMike

MIMike

I always liked the "Bassman" name...very appropriate.
    Too bad the guitarists stole the bassmans from us right from the beginning.

I'll be at NAMM for the whole show. Look me up Mastermold and tell me how that P-Bass sounds.
  11. j-bass-kreep

j-bass-kreep

¨Bassman¨ sounds way cooler than ¨rumble¨ !
  12. Linnin

Linnin

Fabulous!

:):hyper::bassist::)

Rumbles Rock!

:D
  13. Apolicious

Apolicious

I dunno, am I the only one who thinks Class D amps all sound - fundamentally - the same?
  14. southpaw723

southpaw723

I hope this means a price drop on the 350! Probably not though.
  15. eude

eude

Been quite excited to find out what Fender are going to put out this Namm, after they shut Genz Benz down, can only assume their expertise would be employed effectively in Fender's next bass amp lineup.
    If anyone finds any pics of this stuff I'd love to see it!

Cheers,
    Eude
  16. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Nice, I'm in the market for a nice practice amp. I've been impressed with the current rumbles that I've plugged into at various stores.
  17. jandscotten

jandscotten

I never did like the Rumble 75 combo. It just sounded muddy and over-driven to me. I see that they dropped that one from the list so hopefully they'll do some upgrading.
  18. Musicman20

Musicman20

Nice aesthetics! What do the amps look like? :)
  19. Salamenster

Salamenster

Better question: What does it sound like? I had a Rumble 75 combo and it's the most scooped amp I've ever played. DID NOT MATCH WELL with my P/flats. All became boomy undefined stuff.

So if they finally have a nice good touch of mids, I might consider them.
  20. dream_theater

dream_theater Supporting Member

The Rumble series is completely redone. The combos are are Class D from what I remember.