New Fenders for 2013

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdman14, Jan 9, 2013.

1. birdman14

birdman14

Hey everyone, I hope this hasn't posted before, but Fender is going to be releasing two new basses for the Pawn Show series, and amazingly, they haven't managed to f**k anything up. It's going to be a Pawn Shop Bass VI, with a Jazzmaster pickup from the Offset Special in the bridge, two jaguar pickups in the mid/neck, a 5-way switch, one piece pickguard, and available in Black, Sunburst, and a CAR with matching headstock. There will also be a Pawn Shop Mustang bass, which is the same as the current mustang, except for the single coil pickup being replaced by a WRHB Bass pickup, and it will be available in Sunburst, CAR, and White (with a racing stripe). I think the look hot. And for the record, I found this information on the Offset forum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

cool. I like the mustang.

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Any word on any new American offerings?

4. Meddle

Meddle

That Mustang looks interesting! Not sure about the Jazzmaster pickup in the Bass VI when there isn't a 'normal' Bass VI to be easily purchased from Fender at the moment.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. birdman14

birdman14

I know that they are offering an American Reissue of the 1965 Jazz, in Lake Placid Blue, with matching headstock. I remember seeing a picture somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

7. cnltb

cnltb

me too!
    But...why is Fender claiming on their website , that the P bass was the world's first electric bass???
    Is that just ignorance, which would be surprising, since tutmarc is almost a household name in thee parts(on TB) or blatant arrogance?

On their website it says 'Fender's first bass guitar was the world?s first bass guitar,...'- NOT cool, I recon.

8. Joshua Alexander

Joshua Alexander

9. birdman14

birdman14

If you go on the AVRI thread, they have the new basses being offered (58 and 63 P, and 64 and 74 J), but here is the picture of the 64 J in LPB.
    [​IMG]

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That Mustang is straight up pimpim'. I like it.

11. mr.mow

mr.mow

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    That mustang makes me all antsy in my pantsy..

Any other mustang colours? Fender block their site for us guys in Australia..

12. deeptubes

deeptubes

I think Fender always used Jazzmaster pickups in the Bass VI. I could be wrong about the model, but they all had git pickups.

13. awilkie84

awilkie84

A mexican Bass VI!? SIGN ME UP!!!!!

The original Bass VI had single coils more akin to a Strat.

14. birdman14

birdman14

The mustang is also going to be offered in Sunburst and Candy Apple Red. Here is the Sunburst

[​IMG]

The Bass VI has always had Jaguar pickups, the Jazzmaster pickup is the large single coil pickup by the bridge. And this one isn't a traditional jazzmaster pickup, it's actually a humbucker pickup which appears like a jazzmaster pup.

15. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have zero use for a BassVI, but, I think it's super cool they're doing it.

The racing stripe Mustang is cool.

16. birdman14

birdman14

For anyone who wishes that the Bass VI has the original chrome plates, you could always buy one of the 3-switch plates like on the Jaguars, and replace the 5-way switch with that. That way, you could either wire it like the early Bass VI (with no straggle switch), or have two switches control the jaguar pickups, the bottom switch be the straggle switch, and have a push pull to activate the bridge pickup.

17. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly!

18. Nobody

Nobody

That Mustang is awesome. Hopefully it will be reasonably priced. The tug bar is a cool touch. I remember seeing a Mustang in a pawnshop(ironically) when I was a kid and I wondered what the tug bar was for. I've kinda wanted a Mustang ever since.

19. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I was hoping Fender would reintroduce a Bass VI in North America. Did I read MIM correctly? That could mean I won't break the bank of I go for it.

20. birdman14

birdman14

These are both going to be approximately $800 street price and they are both MIM, because word on the street is that Fender Japan is going to be no more.

21. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

Yesssssss! A Bass VI!!!!