NEW from Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Jan 18, 2007.

1. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

here it goes:
    ULTRABASS BVT5500H
    http://www.behringer.com/BVT5500H/index.cfm?lang=ENG

looks very interesting to me.. Ampeg "style" head in very low price range...

some might say that it will got broken in less than a hour, but I don`t thinks so..
    Cos of my low budjet I`v had lots of behringer stuff, never a single thing to complain... If you think tha price that is..

I hope that these will be good!!
  2. katri

katri

by which i think you mean an ampeg ripoff.
    dont get me wrong im not saying they arent good cus i dont know. i just think that behringer lack originallity, the UltraBass BX3000T was a ripoff of the ashdown design. This is all IMHO and YMMV just my 2 cents....ect

Dan
  3. Gothax

Gothax

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jim Dunlop strings
    Looks funny, wanna try them when they're released. Too bad they don't use real pre-amp tubes, that would be interesting!

And why the heck BVT?? they don't even know what SVT stands for! :rollno: Behringer Valve Technology? where the valves at?
  4. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Behringer is a complete ripoff in everyway.. Nut do I care, no..
    I just can`t afford to care:crying:

If it works, it`s fine for me.... (don`t shoot..:bag: )
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Like all the things Behringer make, youre gonna be impressed as hell for two days, live with it for a week, and hate it for the rest of your life!

I owned behringer amps, pedals, mixers, rackstuff etc..
    Same thing every time
  7. RJMiller

RJMiller Supporting Member

Wait a year or so and the price will be 30% to 50% of the original price.

I know - I have a $1,000 street price (yah - that's what I paid) Behringer mixer that had a street price of about $400 before it was discontinued.

But, if you need it now. What about a used unit from the original manufacturer, not a reverse engineered Behringer?

Just my 2 cents.

Take care and keep playing.
  8. Gothax

Gothax

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jim Dunlop strings
    Well if they're going to be as cheap as the BX3000T's you could give it a shot. Never had problems with Behringer so I trust them on this one
  9. steve66

steve66

Thanks for the link. I got the Behringer BX4500H and the Bass V-amp Pro. I will check out the new Behringer BVT5500H. I personally dont mind the Behringer hype on this forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me, I can afford the Behringer stuff and still pay my bills. :bassist:
  10. seamonkey

seamonkey

Looks interesting.
    I'd like to hear how the "VTC Tube Modeling" sounds.
    Judging by how they look they must have got a lot of input (market research) from bass players.

Behringer is not good about hitting release dates so I don't expect to see these until late in the year. But you never know.
  11. bassbully43

bassbully43

looks cool ..might bite at it.I like behringer had a v-amp pod was cool just too much fooling around with programs. Own a DI21 LOVE IT best 30.00 ever spent ....tone city...just bought the tube preamp and its cool and their DI works. I see alot of their stuff used in clubs by sound co, DJ's, bands etc and ask alot of guys about them and i rarely here bad most love the stuff as well as the price...I could give a monkey's testicle if they rip off anothers product idea...i'm on a budget!
  12. daffy

daffy

I have the BX4500 model which is the same look as the BX3000 and they look nothing like the Ashdown! What a load of rubbish! OK, they both have a VU meter on one side, but apart from that they are completely different - you would never ever mistake one for the other on a darkened stage.

This has been discussed before numerous times and the overall conclusion is that they are not similar.

Can we please keep this thread on track discussing the merits of the new amp, and not degenerate into yet another Behringer bashing fest?

I like the look of the new head - especially love it that they have listened to their customers and added a slider EQ section instead of the knobs. Although I laughed when I looked at the EQ settings in the picture on their web site - now that's a bass player with ear problems!!!
  13. John Herzog

John Herzog Supporting Member

BVT = Bogus Valve Technology.
  14. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Media:
    Let's cut out the Behringer bashing right now. If you come in this thread just to bash the brand, don't. If you have some info that directly relates to the product in question, by all means, post it.

We all know what has been said about Behringer over the years. This thread will not be a rehash of it. Got it? :eyebrow:
  15. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

16. Fathand

Fathand

It'll be around 500w I presume?

I might give it a go, but most likely I'll go to a different direction. If the valve modelling is based on their Tech21 ripoffs, I doubt I'll like it as the BDI21 was a total failure in my opinion. Bought one and it doesn't get anywhere near the original. :meh:

They have good rack stuff though, like the EQ's etc.
  17. seamonkey

seamonkey

18. srxplayer

srxplayer

:D I can't stop laughing at that...
  19. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
  20. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

I wish Behringer would do a WT-550...
  21. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I think the boutiques will still do OK. A lot of the difference is psychological.

Attached Files:

• pv.JPG
      pv.JPG
      File size:
      60 KB
      Views: