1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New GAS; G&L M-2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I finally tried out a Tribute M-2000 today and it was just what I thought it was: an active soapbar bass in a Fender style body. It makes me think of a Sadowsky modern with a much, much lower price. I know the M-2500 will have narrower string spacing, but I have never had a problem playing G&L five, so an M-2500 may be my next bass for church. I am going back to the modern sound, after some experimentation, I find it works best for what do.
  2. David Grunigen

David Grunigen

I recently recieved my M2500, and I love it! I also have a Lull M5 and a fender Jazz, and the G&L is the current favorite. I can't get enough of the punchy midrange, and I like the close string spacing. If you like the G&L tone, you can't beat it!
  3. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

You may very well find out that G&L tone takes EQ very well - either on the bass or on your amp. I EQ the daylights out of my modded L-1505 and love it. I find that the overall tone character of G&L allows me plenty of tone options.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I am pretty experienced with G&Ls. I know they have pretty flexible eqs, the M-2500, however, has two humbuckers in the classic midrange position that you see on Ken Smith, the Peavey Cirrus, and Sadowsky Modern basses. It can't help but put out a lot of cutting midrange.