1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New GC Outlet store

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gustobassman, Jan 27, 2014.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

I was perusing a local weekly free paper we have here in town and i noticed this ad for a Guitar Center Outlet store down by the Cali/Mex border. There are a bunch of big-name Outlet stores in this area, and this GC one just opened. Just thinking about some of the crap that GC actually STOCKS on the shelves, it scares me to think what may be at this outlet location. I mean, considering the chain has no gripes about hanging basses & guitars that are missing knobs, have obvious defects, and puts broken returns back on the floor, i can only wonder what is considered "closeout and clearance" as stated in the ad. I'm gonna head down this week and check it out.

Attached Files:

2. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday Supporting Member

There used to be a Musicians Friend outlet in KC, attached to the warehouse. It was a combination of beat up junk and decent stuff with small problems. I picked up a MIM Jazz that "didn't make any sound" for $75. Took it home, soldered the wire back onto the jack and it worked perfect. I also saw basses with broken head stocks, gouged finger boards and missing parts.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

That is scary. I consider most GCs an outlet shop already .
  4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

I don't mind digging. Might have to check that out!
  5. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

+1

The stuff there must really be ####ed up!
  6. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

Let me know what you find...may need to take a drive down.
  7. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

I saw one last week in the DFW area but wasn't able to stop. I need to make a point to the next time I'm there.
  8. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Yeah I really miss that MF storefront! They had some great scratch and dent deals. Plus if there was something I wanted from their website I could just stop in and wait a few minutes for them to pull it out of stock, then walk right out the door with it.
  9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Lol.....agreed
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmm ... I may try to make my way down there Tuesday.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, I went today. They have a bunch of EBMM basses (Stingrays and Sterlings) in the $1,200 to $1,500 range, but they have a black single-pickup Stingray 5 for $899. I couldn't see any defects on it. They have some Mesa Dual Rectifier guitar amp heads for $1,299 and a 412 guitar cab for $749, I think. I saw one Mesa Vintage Powerhouse 410 for $749. No Mesa bass amps - I think Mesa booted them before the Prodigy/Strategy hit the streets. A lot of drum stuff. Some Radial gizmos for switching between mics for comparisons (Gold Digger) for $150, I think. Regularly $350 street. Flippable, if there was a big market for it. Some decent powered PA cabs - leftover JBL PRX 612s and 615s. A bunch of Harbinger junk cabs. Lots of DJ stuff. Some lighting.

It's a bit of a drive down there. You're less than a quarter of a mile from Mexico.
  12. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Thanks for the report Munji! I had planned to go earlier in the week, but work came before fun (although driving to San Ysidro isn't really "fun" by any means). I'll maybe give it another few weeks and go see if inventory changes.
  13. pfox14

pfox14

Ya never know. Could find a real bargain or total crap.