1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Gig Bag - Probag Leather

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BeSharp, Dec 4, 2012.

1. BeSharp

BeSharp

I just wanted to share my impressions and some photos of my brand new Probag Leather Gig Back. I've been looking for a nice leather bag for awhile but I couldn't see parting with the cash for a Harvest Leather, Levys, etc. I heard about Probag from one of my guitar player friends who attended NAMM and he spoke very highly of them. This is NOT an advertisement for Probag and I'm not associated with them in any way.

They seem to be a small operation. Their website is not up to date and the phone numbers are not even correct. The owner seems to have moved his marketing to Facebook instead. But I heard great things about them so I thought I'd reach out and give them a shot. After an initial conversation with Johnny, the rest of my conversations were done by email via "Johnny Chavez (probagg "at" yahoo dot com).

Johnny sent me a quick form to fill out with some specific measurements for the case and that was it. He said the bag would be ready in about 3 weeks, but it took closer to two. All in I paid $247 including shipping.

I got to give my input on color, pockets, etc. and here's what I got. I haven't used it yet, but it looks great, well-made, nice stitching, great feeling leather, etc. And not too heavy.

Here are some pics -- enjoy:

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

Front Pocket:
    [​IMG]

Neck Pockets:
    [​IMG]

Handle & Stitching:
    [​IMG]

Interior:
    [​IMG]

Interior Neck:
    [​IMG]

If you order one, please tell Johnny that you heard about the bags from me on TB so maybe he'll give me a discount on the next one!

2. elgecko

elgecko

Looks great for the money!

3. Tele295

Tele295

I got one on ebay for my Tele. It's fantastic. I was bidding on a Probag for my P-Bass, but got sniped at the last moment. These are really nice bags

4. tuBass

tuBass

Bump for probag. they are in my hometown, and he's making me a custom fit bag for one of my tubas right now. Great guy to work with, and the bags he has in his shop are incredible looking. Kind of wish I knew about it before I bought my mono bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tuBass

tuBass

7. Steve

Steve

In the bang for buck category of leather gig bags, Probag totally dominates that market space. The fact that it is an outstanding hand made in America product and a small growing business worthy of support is just icing on the cake.

IMHO.