new gigbag/case for bass with kahler

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basslayer, Dec 28, 2012.

1. basslayer

basslayer Supporting Member

hello all,

i am shopping for a new case or gig bag for my bass with a kahler tremolo and i was wondering what was popular amongst talkbass. do you all take the arms out when you travel with your bass or do you have a gig bag/case that can accommodate? i also have a pickup cover on my bass that tends to interfere with the fender molded case closing. any suggestions would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    I like the Monocase M80 gigbag.

3. KJung

KJung

I assume if you unscrew the whammy handle, any case will work. Based on the price/protection/weight/pocket storage criteria, my favorite is the Protec Contego.

4. amimbari

amimbari

yes unscrew the arm and put it in a pocket. I have cases but use my bag when just going to practice and I never leave the arm on.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. msh26

msh26

Mono case vertigo is the best gig bag out there period. If it fits, I'd definitely go that route.

7. KJung

KJung

I like the Mono bags quite a bit. The upside... high quality, VERY lightweight, good protection. The downside, VERY little pocket space. They have that 'tick' thing now, which is kind of cool, but I prefer no 'extra pieces'. Nice case, but not sure worth the $150 more dollars versus the ProTec Contego... similar weight and protection... MUCH better pocket space, not quite the quality of construction though.... close IMO.

8. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

I'm a fan of the Reunion Blues Continental bass bag. Nothing against the Mono - *I* just like the extra storage and protection. This comes at a cost, however, as the RBC is a bulkier bag. It's always wise to remove the trem arm on a bass or guitar IMO & IME ;)