1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

new Hellborg release(s) out tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by HeavyJazz77, Jan 20, 2014.

1. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Indeed absence can make the heart grow fonder...

Excited!
  2. HeavyJazz77

The Jazz Raj resembles a more live structure with two 33 minute tracks. Both cover a very broad spectrum of colors and it's mixed very well. Presumably Jonas is playing his Warwick here, but there seems to be a lot of fretless as well. The telephone guitar tone takes some getting used to, but it gives the bass more room in the high mids which is signature of Hellborg I feel.

As for the new version of The Silent Life I cannot recommend this recording highly enough. The original suffered from kind of a dull, flat mix, but here it has been remedied and then some. Massive, lush tone, great production and according to the track listing a few tunes were added while others pulled. I highly, highly recommend this recording to all TB brothers. ...And sisters.
  3. almost human

almost human

I looked for a download of Jazz Raj to buy, but haven't seen one yet- is Jonas only selling these as CD's through his website?
  4. HeavyJazz77

Amazon com has both.