1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Here from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Stillwater, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater

Hey everyone,

Im new to TalkBass. 30 yr old NJ native here, been playing guitar and bass for about 12 years. I am mainly into Roots Music/Americana and 80s/90s style Alternative. I guess you can say im returning to the bass after about a 5 year layoff. Played Fender Precisions and Jazzes in rock bands years ago, but had sold my bass gear to buy a Taylor Acoustic guitar and focus on trying to do the singer/songwriter thing. That is still my main musical focus, but I really started to miss playing the bass.

Had a few extra bucks so I went out and bought an Epiphone EB-0 (review soon to come!) and a little practice amp...and man it felt good to strap a 4 string over my shoulder again. Been having a blast just playing in my living room and lots of good memories coming back.

Hopefully I can pick up some new tips and info while contributing my knowledge as well. Looking forward to spending time around here! :bassist:
  2. zontar

zontar

Welcome from another new member!
  3. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

Where are you from in Jersey?
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater

Thanks...I am in North Jersey (essex county).
  5. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome back to the bottom end.
  6. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

Ah gotcha, I'm from South Jersey myself, Burlington County to be exact. Anyway, welcome to TB! String you PBass with flats and throw a tort PG on there and you'll fit right in!

Oh and you should join our New Jersey Bassists Club!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806299
  7. Stillwater

Stillwater

Sweet...thanks!!!