1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shorty4life, Dec 22, 2013.

1. shorty4life

shorty4life

Hi everyone. So I'm new here, and somewhere i read that i need to post a picture of my bass. I've had number of nice basses in the past which have all been sold (a Stringray 5, a Spector 4, a number of 4 string "metal-sticks"), but this one was my first (and currently my only) bass. I believe it might be a Kramer DMZ 4000. Bought it roughly 27yrs ago for $150 and I'll probably have it as long as I walk this earth. It's ugly. It's heavy. Balance is terrible. Action is high because I ripped the frets out with a screwdriver at 3AM when i was 17, and then had to fill the "ebonol" fingerboard with some nasty epoxy compound to be resurfaced as a fretless. the pups were upgraded (i forget to which brand, but i swapped them into the original tan cases). and i slapped a Ken Smith bridge on it too. It's a beast. But i love it anyway ;)

**Image Shack is having issues. But i will be back to post this thing later!**
  2. RandyMolson

RandyMolson

Gotta keep your first bass. I am just not entirely convinced you have it.
  3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well! Supporting Member

Welcome! Yes,there's an unwritten rule here..No pic =No bass ;)..and kudos for holding on to your first,looking forward to the pics!
  4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Welcome aboard! :cool:

Yes, we are quite visually oriented here... ;)
  5. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Welcome that bass sounds very interesting.