1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Ibby BTB singlecut vs. MTD AG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Private Notion, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Private Notion

Private Notion Supporting Member

Hello hello

I am in a pickle.

I have been lusting for an MTD Kingston Andrew Gouche. I finally have enough scrill to get it used off one of the various conglomerate music peddlers

I have played the AG and I know how legit it is, good tone and fit/feel

HOWEVER, I just caught sight of the Ibanez BTB singlecut. It's gorgeous! I've always wanted a singlecut, and I found one new for $1000, whereas the AG will cost about $1600.

Thoughts?? They both have barts. I know I love the AG, but for $600 less do you think the BTB is a better choice?

Thanks!
  2. dudelove

dudelove

Best advise I ever had from anyone is, go out and try them out, and see which you like most.
    Well it actually a little lie, I never go out and tried any basses that I used to ask about. Like g&l l2500, yes it look and sound great on YouTube, but some weeks later I realized it isn't my type. Now I can't sell it because I doesn't make sound, and also no one want it( even before it died)
  3. Reddog01

Reddog01

It all depends on whether you are buying the bass for looks or playability. If you are buying it for looks, go for the Ibby and save $600. If you are buying it for playability, you will have to do a side-by-side comparison and find the bass that is right for YOU. It really doesn't make any difference if all of us on this forum vote on our favorite, it's going to be your bass. Only you can make that choice. If you are asking us for a blessing to buy the Ibanez instead of the AG, you have my blessing. I play an Ibanez, and I really think that it is the best bass for ME.
  4. Private Notion

Really fine points you're making there my man, thank you.
  5. Private Notion

Reddog, you got me.

I thought about it very very hard, and I know the Gouche is a winner. The active/passive push pull bartolini preamp and the stock hipshot tuners put that bass over the top.

I ordered the Gouche! Touché, Gouché!
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

I didn't catch that on site....sure they're Hipshots?

The AG would have been my first pick, as well. Look forward to seeing some pics!

Riis
  7. sps500

sps500

Nice...couldn't go wrong with either....
  8. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

9. Private Notion

Oh yah totally - I couldn't believe Mike put hipshots on there; the KZX 5 doesn't even get them. I'll post pics when I get it.
  10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Cool. Appeared as if they were using the imports to match the bridge finish...or is that Hipshot as well? My MIK Saratoga ('03) has the good hardware but I didn't see it as a stock feature on the MIC offerings. Still looking forward to the pics!

Riis