1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New in effects, help. (Korg AX3000B vs Boss GT-10B vs Zoom B9.1ut

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RafaelDuFromage, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RafaelDuFromage

RafaelDuFromage

Hey, fellow bass-men. I'm considering getting some effects, never had, in 10 years, so I'm a little lost with this. So far I've come to this 3 options. I've seen some reviews, demos, etc.

The B9, sounds cool, I haven't recognize the effect of the tube, though.
    GT-10B sounds nice and has a ton of functions I would need a couple of weeks to figure out. Also it's very expensive, since they can't ship it to where I live.
    And AX3000B, sounds cool, it looks simple, but not that great.

I would really appreciate your opinions, if you have heard/tried/own, share your experiences.

Thanks.
  2. RafaelDuFromage

RafaelDuFromage

Hell, I'll get the B3
  3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I have sound samples of many multi-effects processors on my soundclick website including the korg ax3000b. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check them out. also I would recommend the zoom b3 if you want something portable and have outstanding sound quality.
  4. RafaelDuFromage

RafaelDuFromage

I already heard them all. I'm mainly looking to use Flanger and Wah, do you have any samples with the Wah?
    It sounds really good, I liked that flanger (also w/ distortion) and phaser. Thanks for the help, I also watched all those vids with Wooten and Ellefson.
    I might get it for this christmas. You know any sites that would ship worldwide?
  5. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

I'd just get the B3.

AFWIW, the Korg is a great unit - I used one for about 4 years. It's ridiculously cheap to boot.
  6. ksandvik

ksandvik

If you are really shopping for a multi-FX, indeed get a B3. I should exchange my B2 to a B3 but that pesky small red box never breaks down....
  7. RafaelDuFromage

RafaelDuFromage

Nice, thanks for the replies. I'm looking for that B3, stores don't have it where I live.
  8. ndutyme

ndutyme

After all my research, I just ordered a B9.1ut tonight. I looked at the B3 really hard, but I am looking for more control live.
  9. firmlybassed

firmlybassed

Hope it works for you. Had one sold it and bought a GT-10B love it.