1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

New Jazz PUPs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pshep68, Nov 4, 2012.

1. pshep68

pshep68

Would it be ok to put Fender N3 pickups on my passive Fender American jazz (with S1 Switching)? I have always found that the stock pups have always been weak? ... Or does anyone have anyother suggestions SD STK-J2 or SJB3? Fralins?

2. acebase62

acebase62 Supporting Member

I have had good results with a set of SD STK-J2 (Hot Stack) in a Warmoth JJ bass (using 500k volume pots and a Fender TBX tone control.)

I needed hum cancel pickups due to electrical issues where I was playing at the time I bought them.

If you want hum cancel, you also might consider Dimarzio Area J or Fender Super 55s.

I have heard consistently positive reports on both of these here and elsewhere.

3. jay loren

jay loren Supporting Member

I recently replaced the pups pf my RW Jazz with Bill Lawrence J45s based on what I read here. I also shielded the bass and have now a very quiet and great sounding passive Jazz.

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    The N3s would work just fine. They are a passive pickup and would retain that Fender tone.
    If you want to modify the standard "Fenderness", then you can switch to any number of other pickups.
    Check out the "J Pickup Discussion" thread, stickied at the top of the Pickup/Electronics page. Lots of discussion there!

5. Register to disable this ad