1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Lakland 44-64

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by strangepolly, Apr 8, 2014.

1. strangepolly

strangepolly

:eek:Ordered a new USA Lakland 44-64 last week. Now I just have to wait 7 monthes for them to build it...!

2. davidgoldman

davidgoldman

Good luck with that, I ordered a custom (not Lakland) and it took 15 months rather then the advised 15 weeks.

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Congrats!

The wait may seem like "forever" but the result will be well worth the wait!

Mind sharing specs?

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

+1! I'd love to hear more about it. I ordered and received a new 44-64 in 2011 and it's spectacular--my #1 and a lifetime keeper.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. strangepolly

strangepolly

i bought a new 44-60 last summer and LOVE it!!! been wearing my wife down evry since. she finally gave me the OK. ordered metallic tangerine (custom color) with maple neck/fretboard and the standard p/u...kept a new fender pbass case i had to put it in as the new lakland cases are made of some type of compressed cardboard real CRAP! also asked the bass weigh in ferom 7-8 lbs but they will only Promise it will be under 9 lbs...

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Under 8 is tough to do, but mine can't be more than a hair over (I've never weighed it). I did ask them to wait for a piece of lighter alder.

Haven't had an issue with my US Lakland case. They don't look as nice as the old white ones, true. But they're also not nearly as heavy, the white one is a load.