1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New mesa pedals for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hunterred43, Jan 25, 2013.

1. hunterred43

hunterred43

Hi, I was wondering if any one has any experience with the new mesa pedals. I just finished demoing the tone burst and flux drive. I ended up getting the flux drive although I was stuck between that and the tone burst. I wanted to thicken up my signal some and get a little more crunch. My amp/cab combo is the m6 carbine with 2x12. Anyone see any problems using these guitar pedals with bass? Will I end up loosing frequencies. Sounded good in the store. Although I haven't made it home to put on my rig. I think the boss bass overdrive is out. I didn't use it much anyway. Thanks.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

YOU have it, so you should tell US.

3. hunterred43

hunterred43

Sounded good in the store. I guess I should just run with it. I liked it better than the boss. I'll put it on my rig when I get home. Just wondered if anyone had experience using guitar pedals for bass.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I called Mesa about the pedals the person I talked to was uncertain how they would sound on bass? I think more folks have Mesa bass gear than guitar gear but I could be very wrong I don't see anything ground breaking here and using guitar pedals for bass really depends on the pedal most OD's don't translate well but boosts and pedals like the Flux drive should be fine.

5. Register to disable this ad