1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

New Modulus Genesis

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky-Wunky, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    I picked up a new actually used modulus Genesis. I was wondering how old this bass is. I am guessing about 10 years old. The pickups have been replaced with Joe Barden pickups. Has 3 stack knobs and one regular knob. Can anyone fill me in on information on this bass?

2. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    First 2 digits of the serial indicate the year. Sounds like it has an East preamp as well. Got pics?
    Sounds like an awesome bass, btw.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
  5. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
  6. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again? Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Disclosures:
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    I have no answers for you, I just wanted to say that that is probably the coolest bass I've ever seen. I'm more than a bit jealous. :D

7. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    Thanks Topspin, it is gorgeous. sounds massive too.

:hyper:

8. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Wow, that's cool. That does look like East knobs, so it's got the best preamp ever. And I've heard great things about the Barden pickups, too.

9. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    I was wondering if there is an manual available explaining all the controls? Thanks.

10. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    If it's the U-Retro 4 knob, with a bypass being activated when you pull on the single knob, it's here: U RETRO 4 Knob

If it is the older, U-Retro Deluxe and the single knob doesn't pull up, there's 2 switches in the control cavity and the instructions are here: U RETRO DLX

Basically, the stacks are: Volume/Pan - Treble/Bass (pull for high boost) - Mid Level/Mid Frequency - Passive tone (pull for bypass, maybe?)

BUT... there's a slim chance that it could be an ACG preamp. If that's the case, you won't have a center "click" in the lower set of the tone control knobs and it will be... well, drastically more interesting ;)

11. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    I just messed up my pants.

12. Saw that one on Ebay...def. a beauty .. Congrats!