New MPG Level 5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by katalyzt13, Mar 2, 2014.

1. katalyzt13

katalyzt13

Well, it isn't new - I traded it from a really cool bass player I recently met - basically gave me an awesome deal just because he has other awesome basses so doesn't use this one very often.

Here is my question - this is a 5 pot preamp with active EMG jazz pups, it has the concentric pot for low and high mids, I think - I haven't spent a lot of time turning knobs yet. I was hoping somebody would just know from my description which preamp this is - supposedly one of the knobs is push/pull to go to passive, but the dude I traded from didn't remember which knob and none of them are pulling or pushing easily -

Here are a few quick pics...

Attached Files:

2. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    That is a beauty. I've had a few and they are near the top of my list. But I don't have a clue about the preamp.
  3. katalyzt13

katalyzt13

well, I think I found it - I think it is the EMG BQS preamp, which doesn't have a push/pull for active/passive - which would explain why I couldn't find it.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Definitely an EMG preamp.

I've always wanted to play an MPG. How does it hang with that long upper horn?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. line6man

line6man

There is no push/pull pot on that bass.
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Also the concentric knobs are frequency sweep (outer) and mid level (inner).
  8. katalyzt13

katalyzt13

Honestly, it is really well balanced - one of the best balanced bass guitars I've ever worn. It isn't a light instrument, though.