New music: Scarab.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange

Disclosures:
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm working on a new record. Here's the first completed track:

This is the simplest song on the record - most of the rest eat up over 50 tracks of audio, and my poor computer can't handle it. So this is to be the last finished recording until I can afford to snag a new, more powerful computer - which may be a long while, hence the release of this teaser. I hope you enjoy it.

For the curious, this is a fully microtonal song - the piano is in quarter comma meantone, and what sounds like a synth in the back ground at the beginning is actually "The Angry Inch", my undertonal guitar I built. Yes, there's some fretless bass in the middle, but it's only supporting the low end, so don't get too excited about it.

This was written for my dear departed friend and musical soulmate, Danny Guidry. Seven years gone, and I still miss him terribly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. M.Wrenn

M.Wrenn

Beautiful. The microtones are used so expressively, and with very clear skill. It's rare that microtones are used genuinely and without novelty. I'm quite sure your friend would be very proud. Well done.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Media:
  4. bassbrad

bassbrad

Stark, haunting and beautiful. Thank you for sharing and want to hear more soon.

5. Register to disable this ad