New Offerings from Rondo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by electracoyote, Dec 10, 2012.

1. electracoyote

electracoyote

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Yep, just saw that this evening (on the email list). Wonder if it's any good? Is this Hadean a new company Rondo is distributing for, or is this just another brand label slapped on instruments coming from the SX or Douglas factories?
  3. RickBlair

RickBlair

The headstock kind of looks like a Douglas, but I can't complain about the quality of my Douglas violin bass. The prices are ridiculously low and Rondo has a great return policy so I'm sure we'll be seeing reviews by next week.

Rick B.
  4. joelb79

joelb79

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me like. The 2nd one is dying for an UncleFluffy preamp and some sort of high end pickup setup. Perhaps a full Hipshot treatment.
  5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Kinda like the Leland Sklar sig bass that Gibson used to make.
  6. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

Oh my. I love Kurt and Rondo. He offers some killer stuff.

He knows how to keep business going to. I know a double P has been on some wish/mod lists around here. Thats a sweet looking bass too. Headstock reminds me of an Ibanez.

The double humbucker is nice too. Ive had my eye on the Douglas 4 string version.
  7. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    My understanding is that all the instruments they sell are made in the same factory... I could be wrong though. Regardless, that neck-through looks pretty nice. That would be a great first 5 string for a younger player, and a good bar/beater bass for others. You could go nuts on a preamp upgrade if you wanted. Plenty of room for adding controls.
  8. heb9_28

heb9_28

My hope is that this is just eh beginning of Hadean on Rondo. They have some strat knock offs that have... the old fish hook style headstock!

That leads me to wonder if they have P and Jazz basses (and who knows what else!) yet to come.

Excited.
  9. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

Did anyone see that Hadean fretless 6 string guitar with the green fingerboard? Wasasup wid dat? How would you play chords on it?
  10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I could really do some meddling with both of those.
  11. bumperbass

bumperbass

WTH?? Like the first one. Is that off-white-purplish/pink or what? Looks like the neck has threaded inserts for machine screws, too, but I'm not sure. Did you notice the location of the horn strap button? Why'd they put in underneath like that? Guess I'll be checking Rondo to see if anything other colors/models come up.
  12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Anyone know if their violins are halfway decent? For $80... shoot... I'll take one to learn on.
  13. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Pretty bizarre, unless the pic is of a prototype or something. They can't possibly sell it that way, can they?
  14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

These are awesome! If the necks were narrower I'd have the pair of the on the way now, but I can't play those wide necks.
  15. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

We have one and for beginners they are fine. Just make ABSOLUTELY sure that anyone touching it knows how to tune one. You don't just simply crank down on the "tuning key" part.....unless you like changing strings.

That white double P for $$ is amazing. I can't do anything right now, 3 NBD's in 2 weeks = tapped out.
  16. bootsox

bootsox

I might have to pick up that double P sometime
  17. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

I might just have to get this one:
    [​IMG]

I'd go for this one
    [​IMG]

But I don't quite have that much cash. I don't really need a fiver but an M/M bass for $140? How can you go wrong?

It mentions that it has an STH-5 Custom Bridge which is this one
    [​IMG]

Not the one in the pic. The one in the pic is a crappy bent metal version. I'm going to email Kurt about it and see.
  18. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Thanks for the report! I might actually pull the trigger on one for kicks.
  19. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cool stuff. Cosmetically... could be a little better (those are some ugly knobs... replaceable though). Specs are always great though. I own two Agile guitars and they are phenomenal and beautiful.

My friend tried their $79 tele and loves it.
  20. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification