1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New old Amp day

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by philvanv, Mar 12, 2014.

1. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Jul 2, 2012
    Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Ok my SWR 4004 came tonite. Appears to be in great shape. Too bad I don't have the cab yet. The person who gave it to me said that it will not need any work. Thanks to a few board members I think I have a good understanding of the eq and other functions. More to come in the next few days:D:thumbup:

Attached Files:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Not a bad amp for its day at all. Cool beans!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. philvanv

Jul 2, 2012
    Disclosures:
    If oppertunity came, I would actually go a few yrs older and pick up another SUNN Colisium.:rolleyes:
    Thanks!!

5. Flatbass

Flatbass

Mar 13, 2004
    Yurop
    Cool! It's a different amp than a Sunn Coliseum, but it'll probably serve you well for years to come.

But I gotta say, seeing an Aural Enhancer turned up to 11 just hurts my eyes ;)

6. philvanv

Jul 2, 2012
    Disclosures:
    Yea,its fresh out of the box with no cab yet. I havr about a week before I can actually use it. It was suggested I start w everything at 1 and exp until I find a few settings I like...so intil tge I get to stare at it..:(

7. philvanv

Jul 2, 2012
    Disclosures:
    I love this amp and with the Dr Bass cab, killer. Found a setting I really like with our sound. I changed back to heavier strings and the low end is just smooth and what I describe as "bubbly" I'm really impressed with the sensitivity of the Limiter more I mess with it.