New old guy

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Happy Hours, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Happy Hours

Happy Hours

I'm not really that old but I'm older than I thought I'd ever be and if I'd known I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself.!!!:hyper::D

I'm fairly new to playing a Bass [ played guitar for years:bag:].
    I bought a Squire at a Pawn shop a couple of years ago and immediately hooked up with a Classic Country Band and played Bass for them for a few years.I finally moved on and now play for a Texas Blues Trio.

My current guitar is a 82 Fender Bullet with flat wounds and a BA115 Combo which is ok for quiet practices. I've just sold 2 guitars and have a PF500 on the way. Now I need to buy a cab or a combo of cabs so I don't break any backs I guess?

I'm looking at possibly getting 2 Peavey 8 ohm 210 cabs at the moment and I hope that will fill the bill.

Anyway I look forward to reading and learning and this looks like a good place to do that.See you on the webz.:cool:
  2. Happy Hours

Happy Hours

Not much of a welcoming committee on these forums I guess.;)
  3. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

No not much. Just dive in and start posting. If you want to learn go to the bass, amp etc threads. People there are mostly friendly but can be a little tough sometimes. Don't take it personal you will learn your way around soon enough.
    If you want to have fun go to the off topic section or the lobby.
  4. Happy Hours

Happy Hours

Thanks slobake
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Hey, always good to have a new member. Do some searching and you'll find a lot of great info here. One key to getting help is to pose a question that hasn't been asked four times in the past week, and to be specific about what you need.

A pair of 2x12 cabs with reasonable efficiency will do a LOT, and if you pick up a head putting out at least 300W, you will be loud enough for any band playing at sane levels. Actually, old Peavey heads are good buys, but they're heavier than boat anchors.

Try some searching in the amp forum for discussions of Peavey, Gallien-Kruger (G-K), Genz-Benz (G-B) and Markbass. Lots of good info.
  7. Happy Hours

Happy Hours

Thanks Pilgrim, I ordered 2 Peavey 210 cabs yesterday. They are on back order, hopefully they will arrive before Christmas.:hyper:

I'm hip to the same question deal and I understand. I've seen that on several other forums I'm a member of so I'll be careful .:D
  8. Diamondgirl

Diamondgirl

Hey Happy-I'd kill for your type of Fender.(Well not actually :)) but they really made a great bass in the 80"s. I prefer them to anything else I've tried
  9. Happy Hours

Happy Hours

Thanks D-Girl, I had a local bass guy tell me it wasn't that good of a Bass and I should buy a $200 Ibanez.I disagree and will keep my old Fender.:D

My cabs should come tomorrow and I can't wait :hyper:

I'll most likely have to take off early from work.:)
  10. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Look at the 210 Avatar Neos.

I use an EA Wizzy which weighs very little but gets real loud.