1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Order Someone Like You tab PLEASE

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by RoBaker, Nov 19, 2013.

1. RoBaker

RoBaker

I'm hoping someone can hook me up with bass tabs for New Order's Someone Like You. Can't find them anywhere...
    Sincerely,
    mediocre bassist
  2. foal30

foal30

I'll have a listen and work it out.

Peter Hook is a good bassist to work your ear on, he's always prominent in the mix. Give it a go.
  3. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

What you did there, i see it.

Anyway, I dont know that New Order song but ill "hook" you up regardless, i'll pick and tab them for you right this second. Don't thank me, Hook basslines only take a minute to pick up normally, i doubt this one is any different.

And i'm back....I'm not gonna break it down and tell you how many times each is played and when, you figure that out. its like the same first pattern for most of the song, the second one for the chorus and the typical Hook little lead line in the bridge.

G ------------------------------------------------------------
    D ------------------------------------------------------------
    A --------------------------------4-4--4-4-4--0-2-2--2-2-2
    E - 0-5--2--2-2-2--2-2-2--2-2------------------------------

Sometimes eventually he throws in an open string before the switch to 4. PErsonally i like to throw in one before every switch....

G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E--0-5--2--2-2-2--2--2-2--2-2---0-5--2--2-2-2--2-2-2--2--2/-7-7- -7-7-7--7-7--7-7--

Then its the same beginning but when you go down to 7 it's this

E-/7-7-7-7/-10--10-10--10-10-

The bridge lead line

G--14-14-14-13--11--9--11-11--11-11-11/-16-16-16--14--13--14--13--11-11--11-11-11-
    D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way i see you define yourself as a mediocre bassist so im gonna assume you're starting, but these kind of simple easy lines are the perfect thing to try to pick up by ear when you start. Me i was doing The Cure when i started and i developed a ear real fast and it wasn't long before i could pick up much more complex songs by ear.
  4. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

And....now i feel bad. Didn't see the one reply. I hope foal hasnt worked on it. I also see he said the same thing about picking it up. Well...to be fair i didnt do a very thorough job as i didnt tell you when and where everything goes...